Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Fox News Channel not available for live streaming

New Poster

Fox News Channel not available for live streaming

Can someone tell me why  Fox News Channel, the MOST WATCHED cable channel, is not available for computer live streaming?   Is this related to the fact that Comcast is now affiliated with NBC?  Unfortunately for those of us who have no choice in cable providers also have no choice in TV cable news to watch on our computers.  Shame on Comcast.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Fox News Channel not available for live streaming

Fox wants more money and Comcast doesn't want to pay?

Problem Solver

ginnyprun wrote:

Can someone tell me why  Fox News Channel, the MOST WATCHED cable channel, is not available for computer live streaming?   Is this related to the fact that Comcast is now affiliated with NBC?  Unfortunately for those of us who have no choice in cable providers also have no choice in TV cable news to watch on our computers.  Shame on Comcast.

FNC was the most watched about a week ago when there was a lot of news going on--and it would make sense for a news channel to be that at times like that--but it's certainly not most watched cable channel in general.

That said, what other news channels does Comcast offer as far as live streaming?  Aside from CNN and HLN it doesn't seem like Comcast even offers its own MSNBC, for example.  In fact, there are only a few channels offered when it comes to live streaming in general.  So, definitely not some sort of a (political) conspiracy.

Frequent Visitor

I just found this out after watching CNN live on my iPad .... Wanted to switch over to catch more on a particular story and found no access, I can't believe it!!! I pay close to $300 a month for my Comcast/xfinity bundle and resent being blocked out of anything online that is part of my channel line up.
Problem Solver

DRH255 wrote:
I just found this out after watching CNN live on my iPad .... Wanted to switch over to catch more on a particular story and found no access, I can't believe it!!! I pay close to $300 a month for my Comcast/xfinity bundle and resent being blocked out of anything online that is part of my channel line up.

Was access to all live TV online and/or mobile devices something that was advertised or listed as being available somewhere with Comcast?

New Poster

Get your facts straightFOX NEWS Absolutely is the NUMBER ONE WATCHED CABLE NEWS CHANNEL CONSISTENTLY, as stated by the previous writerFox consistently outperforms CNN and MSLSD.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation