Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Flash drive 13

Regular Visitor

Flash drive 13

I still can't get any videos on comcast, news or tv videos.  Uninstalled adobe and reinstalled successfully, but still can't view videos.  An advertisement pops up and says I need to change my drivers but it's from HTTP://cdn.adnxs.com. Anyone know if this is real or a virus?

Regular Contributor

Re: Flash drive 13

Starting a new thread is not really helpful, it makes tracking the history of suggestions and things you've done harder to follow.

Following the link to the Adobe version tester I gave you, does that now show the latest version of Flash is installed in IE?

I'm sorry to say I haven't seen that particular error but looking up adnxs.com I see that you may potentially have malware or a virus. I would suggest you try and follow the instructions here: http://malwaretips.com/blogs/ib-adnxs-popup-virus/ also download and install Malwarebytes and do a full system scan, also do a full system scan with your anti-virus software. If your anti-virus or Malwarebytes finds anything try and have either software remove it.

My next suggestion would be to try a different web browser, try FireFox or Chrome. I'm fond of FireFox and use it to watch Xfinity all the time and I recomend it. Btw if you decide to use FireFox you'll need to download the Flash plugin for it from Adobe's site.

- Norm

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation