Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Flash Compatibility

Regular Visitor

Flash Compatibility

Because of sudden "xFinity Flash Compatibility Issue", I can no longer watch TV on my Windows 7 PC since about 14July2016. 

I tried updating to the most recent version of Flash (several times), but did not fix the problem.

Any tips welcomed - I'd like to watch The Open!!!

Problem Solver

Re: Flash Compatibility

Hello Mjoy26,

I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. You can try checking the following settings:

• Processor: Pentium 4 or newer.
  • Operating System: Windows 7, Windows 8 (desktop mode) or Windows 10 (desktop mode).
  • RAM: 512 MB minimum.
  • Video Card: 32 MB minimum (128 MB recommended).
  • Browser: Internet Explorer 8 (or newer), Firefox 24 (or newer), Safari 5.1.1 (or newer), Google Chrome 31 (or newer), Edge (new browser).
  • Screen Resolution: 800 x 600 minimum (1280 x 1024 recommended).
  • Broadband Internet connection.
  • Adobe Flash Player version 14.0.0.145 or higher.
  • JavaScript and cookies need to be enabled.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

There was a new Adobe Flash Player 22 active X that I received notification to down-load and install.

I you get that notification and install that Flash player?

Check under the "Computer" icon and find the uninstall list. You can see which version you have installed along with the date of installation. Mine now shows the above as installed 7/14/2016. 

New Poster

To Comcast Support:
How is that helping us? I too have this issue as of yesterday. I do have all the requirements and yet Xfinity says, "FLASH COMPATIBILITY ISSUE". So get with the program and actually offer helpful advice rather than a canned answer.
Regular Visitor

Same problem on my laptop...  all is well and then one day 3 weeks ago ( Nov 2016) need to update FLASH player when I tried to access the TV schedule and some TV shows I'd missed.  I did download the current version of Flash, I can see its there in programs, but the tv.xfinify.com page still won't load.    A week ago I tried a chat with on line tech for Comcast.  He promised some setting was wrong and he "fixed" it, to wait an hour and reboot.  I did as instructed.  Nothing changed.  I followed the instructions via IE, and also Firefox because I prefer Firefox.  Neither way made a difference.  I still cannot access videos or the Comcast TV schedule.

This is annoying to the point of wanting to cancel Comcast.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation