Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Favorites

Contributor

Favorites

Sorry if it's been asked before but is there a way to set favoritesd at xfinty's new website https://xtv.comcast.net/grid on computer

Problem Solver

Re: Favorites

No, which I agree is utterly stupid.  You can now always have favorites on the X1 cable box guide, and the other Xifinity TV Guide website (especially since they are always nagging you with the message: There's a new way to watch!), so why not the XTV web portal guide?

My suggestion to you is click the Feedback link on the XTV web portal and provide that suggestion to the developers. Maybe one day they will listen.

Service Expert

the easiest fast favorite list maintenance (channels) is the smart device xfinity TV Remote app.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

How does this help anyone?????  The user is already using a PC to view the https://xtv.comcast.net/grid (and by the way, you cannot set favorite channels on the Xfinity TV app Guide either), and you are suggesting they use the Xfinity TV Remote app to view favorites.  How ridiculous is that???  How about Comcast just fix the XTV web portal and Xfinity TV app to allow favorites in the Guide view, instead of having different apps do the same thing.

Rustyben wrote:

the easiest fast favorite list maintenance (channels) is the smart device xfinity TV Remote app.

Service Expert

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

How does this help anyone?????  The user is already using a PC to view the https://xtv.comcast.net/grid (and by the way, you cannot set favorite channels on the Xfinity TV app Guide either), and you are suggesting they use the Xfinity TV Remote app to view favorites.  How ridiculous is that???  How about Comcast just fix the XTV web portal and Xfinity TV app to allow favorites in the Guide view, instead of having different apps do the same thing.

Rustyben wrote:

they don't make changes often to the apps but i noticed this week that they removed the 'where' option to record a program. 

the TV remote app is the friendliest fastest listings and favorite guide as well as DVR manager interface. the TV app doesn't allow any DVR maintenance either. I don't mind that they break them into separate apps.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Yep, you said it. This new interface is garbage! I use my computer for making my selections. Now I can't do favorites, my watchlist is gone, and I can't really make any use of this new system if I can't see my favorites. Xfinity, you made a really bad decision. And I believe you are age-ist in forcing us to use a system that is NOT very compatible with desktop pc systems.

New Poster

I have been trying for hours and have called support many times and have not been able to get info on mt favorites list that I controled with my pc.

Service Expert

gainesay wrote:

Yep, you said it. This new interface is garbage! I use my computer for making my selections. Now I can't do favorites, my watchlist is gone, and I can't really make any use of this new system if I can't see my favorites. Xfinity, you made a really bad decision. And I believe you are age-ist in forcing us to use a system that is NOT very compatible with desktop pc systems.

using the xFinity TV Remote app you can still use the listings and set filter to favorites. It is the best app to use for setting and unsetting favorites too (very fast and easy, under the gear-settings menu).

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation