Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Favorites mode missing channels

Frequent Visitor

Favorites mode missing channels

Can someone at Comcast please look into this issue and respond to your subscribers?  Threads are being marked solved, when in fact the issue is  not. 

Problem -  when viewing the guide in "favorites" mode, the channels in the 1,000’s do NOT appear in the guide.   (The starred favorites are still present in the lower level channels). 

You gave us the 1,000 grouping of channels (neighborhoods) to make it easier to navigate and find channels. Lower level is a mixed up mess.   Now, we can't use this feature when viewing the guide in favorites mode. 

We we can still see 1000’s in the all hd, free to me, etc viewing modes, and on personal devices.    PLEASE FIX and return the ability to view the 1,000 tier channels in the guides FAVORITES viewing mode. 

Rebooting, new signal, refreshing --- not has worked to fix this at my home.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Favorites mode missing channels

I hope it is taken care of in the next update

Official Employee

thetedman, 

Anyone can mark a post as an accepted solution.

Thanks for reaching out here about your favorites filter. The 1000 channels are just repeats of channels you have of the lower tier. They are grouped into channel neighborhoods to make accessing the type of content you want to watch easier to do so. 

If you select a 1000 level channel and favorite it, it's like for like channel (HD or SD depending on your preference) will be it's represented in the favorite filter. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

But the problem is for 1000+ channels that we have favorited, they themselves are not represented in the favorite filter, so effectively those channels are useless. Why were these taken away? There's no point to having the more organized group of channels if they aren't accessible through a commonly used function.

Frequent Visitor

Exactly!  I understand about the duplicate/repeat of the 400 and 1000 channels, and favorites. 

BUT, none of the 1000 channels appear when you view in "favorites" mode.   These channels show up when using other filters. Why don't they show up in "favorites" view anymore?  They used to. 

Like it was said, the 1000 channels are "neighborhoods" of similar channels. Even favorites are easier to view in "neighborhoods" than the mixed up mess that the 400 channels are arranged in.

Again.... Why were the 1000 channels removed from the favorites viewing mode???

Looking for an answer, or at least an acknowledgment from Comcast, AND a fix. 

Thank you   

Frequent Visitor

But the marked (favorites) 1000 channels, in the convenient neighborhoods, do NOT show up any longer when viewing the guide using the favorites mode.  I understand they are duplicate channels/favorites. You give us the neighborhoods to help find channels, but don't allow us to access them in favorites viewing mode.  It worked that way up until 2 weeks ago and now it doesn't.  

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation