Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Favorites filter doesn't show all favorited channels

Frequent Visitor

Favorites filter doesn't show all favorited channels

My issue started on 8/27 when I noticed a bunch of favorited channels no longer show when using the Favorites filter but when I view "All Channels" or "Free To Me" they still have the star on the channel. The Favorites filter using the X1 Remote app or on tv.xfinity.com displays all the channels marked as a favorite correctly.

I tried refreshing, which took like 30 minutes as it restarted the process twice. Meaning I saw the message "connecting to live TV" and then it went back to "this will take about 10 minutes" twice.

Then I tried removing channels as favorites and then adding them back. That had no effect either. The favorites list just doesn't show all the favorites I've selected and Sync DVR, just to be thorough.

See attached photos

Regular Visitor

Re: Favorites filter doesn't show all favorited channels

I have the same problem. But if I remove the favorite and then re-add it, it then shows up on the favorite guide filter. Kind of frustrating. I don't want to rebuild the while list of it's gonna happen again
Frequent Visitor

I know it, I'd be fine with it if it was the lower numbered channels that they are replacing with the higher numbers (they just added new channel organization in the 1000s) I am using only the new channel numbers to make sure I'm used to them before the old channels are removed.

New Poster

I tried removing and adding my favorites back but that didn't work. I also rebooted and refreshed and that didn't work either. This is incredibly irritating as I have to go through all the channels to scroll through to see what's on- takes forever. Comcast- what is the resolution!
New Poster

I started experiencing the same problem at about the same time. The 4 digit channels marked as favorites do not appear on my TV favorites filtered guide. I called Comcast and the support agent was of no help at all, promised to research the issue and get back to me.  Of course, she did not. In fact, the implementation of the 4 digit channels as duplicating the 3 digit channels seems silly to me as it doubles the listings.  There should be an option to select 3 or 4 digit channels or both!

Frequent Visitor

I agree, I'd love to just turn off the old 3 digit channel numbers.

I force a system refresh every few days in the hope it gets fixed. No joy thus far tho. 😒
Valued Contributor

As of 9-14-17 there has not been ANY REPLY from anyone at comcast relating to this problem.  I had called into customer service and they said that they had not heard of the issue.  It seems like the customers are being ignored totally on this issue by comcast.  Powering off and back on has not so far done anything to resolve the issue.  I am not looking for comcast to resolve the issue any time soon, actually I am waiting for them to remove the "my favorites" in the guide to have the problem go away.

Any other work around provided is not a fix for the issue reported.

Frequent Visitor

This is still a problem, as a matter of fact, last night I had to reselect quite a number of favorite channels again as the stars were gone. I hoped maybe it was due to a fix put in but no. This still exists. 

Attached are 3 more pictures, showing what my TV looks like displaying favorites only, Free To Me, and using Xfinity remote app on my phone which displays favorites filter perfectly.

20171015_100552.jpg
20171015_100656.jpg
Screenshot_20171015-100846.png
Service Expert

Comcast removed the 1000 series from Favorites because they were appearing as duplicates for the lower channel numbers.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Yesterday I was working with @comcastcares on twitter, they reviewed this post and they asked a few questions. Their response was "That's odd" or "That's weird". They, of course, refreshed my DVR and then had me check another box, I have another thing to try for them, that being; change a fav channel status, unplug the receiver for a bit and then plug it back in to see if it is saved. Then I'll get back with them on twitter again.

The saga continues 😁

Valued Contributor

LOL, Yep when you calling to service or do it in an other form the comcast CSR's do not seem to know of this problem.  This problem has been going on since early to mid July and still it appears the CSR's are not aware of it.  It appears no one in  comcast support uses the forums to see what issues the customers may be having and informing their customer facing CSR's of common issues being reported.  I also noticed that as soon as an issue is seen and identified as an issue someone tends to mark it solved even though the issue has not been resolved.  I would love to see how they report their stats to upper management.  

Frequent Visitor

This doesn't make any sense. There are several channels in the 1000 Channel range that are not duplicates.
Service Expert

2Slick4u wrote:
This doesn't make any sense. There are several channels in the 1000 Channel range that are not duplicates.

Comcast has implemented the 1000 series with flaws.  It is what it is until they make changes.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Valued Contributor

I hate to say this but maybe if they did better testing of their changes before pushing them out they just might not end up with so much customer dissatisfaction.   It appears that they use the name of the channel as the way to add it to the favorites list, which there are several channels with the same name, instead they should have used the channel number which is a unique  way to identify the channel, because there are not two same numbers in their guide listing. Simple fix it would seem like but we the customers have been dealing with this since early July.     Just saying..  I know it might seem minor to comcast but it is these minor issues that they have created which is giving them the poor ratings in customer service because of their long time to fix......

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the heads up.  How sad that Comcast can't seem to make a simple fix like this.  What's worse is their CR's acting as though they have never heard of this problem.  It's very interesting that the favorites show just fine in the Xfinity app online.  

Valued Contributor

Many others have said the same thing about the CR's not knowing about this issue.  I also found that out when I called it in as an issue.  Which makes me think that whatever gets posted in these forums for some reason is not forwarded to the CR's on the front line.  As a side note when I mentioned to the CR that it is posted all over the forum they did not even know what a forum was that.  I had to walk them through how to get to it.  It sure did not make me feel good about the comcast service organization, I hate to say.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation