Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Favorites List Channels Disappear

ANSWERED
Valued Contributor

Favorites List Channels Disappear

Okay, reporting this issue again as it was marked as solved and the issue is resolved in another posting.  The "work arounds" provided are not solutions to the issue that has been introduced since an update of over a month ago to the STB's.  Nothing that we have marked in our "Favorites" is show up channels >1000.  I and others have called this into support but they know nothing of the issue.  The CSR's say "sorry" but still no solution nor any replies of the issue from comcast.  Time to go to the State Dept, of Telecomunications and report the issues to them.  Using the "My Free" (which they are not cause we pay for those channels) or "All channels" in the guide is not the answer.  Not sure why noone from comcast has replied to any of the previous posts.

Accepted Solution

Re: Favorites List Channels Disappear

Hello all,

Favorites feature works as intended. We are changing the channel mapping and it goes region by region. In several regions, there are currently 3 channel numbers for one channel - 1 SD and 2 identical HD (one is before 1000 and the other one is higher 1000). For example, here in Denver, Food Network channel is on channels 47 (SD), 681 (HD), 1484 (HD). When you save channel 1484 you get 681 which is an identical channel. If you have HD services and "Auto-Tune to HD channels" feature is on - even if you save channel 47 in your favorites, you will see channel 681. 

View answer in context
Frequent Visitor

I would just like to know why they made this change.

New Poster

I just saw this post.  I had exactly the same problem (apparently).  Check out my post and see if this is what you saw.  I thought it was just me.  The service people and the call center did not know that this is an issue. 

Valued Contributor

So they can get a lower customer statisfaction rating from their customers.  LOL.  Just kidding.  Not sure why it was done but it sure is a pain in the neck.

Valued Contributor

Status update 9-20-17  No change with the issue, and still no information from comcast regarding the issue.  Guess they are just waiting for us to disappear on reporting this and living with what they have given us.

Official Employee

Hi fedup978,

I can help look further into your issue. Please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, phone number, and the street address or the full account number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Valued Contributor

Okay, so here it is Nov 16th and still no resolution to the Favorites channel issue which has been on going since early July, and no further comment from comcast about when a resolution will be provided to the customers.  Plus still no acknowledgement from the CSR's that there is an issue when called in, which I find very interesting.  It gives one the feeling that they will not be fixing this issue.

Official Employee

Hi fedup978, we want to get this issue taken care of for you as soon as possible. I tried to duplicate your error on my end and I have been unsuccessful. Can you please send me a private message with your account information so that we can look further into this for you? 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Valued Contributor

ComcastAmir, I am not the only person that has this issue.  if you look at this forum you will see many customers have been complaining of this same issue.  Several of your fellow techs have already tried to resolve it.  I am not trying to be difficult but this issue has been going on since early July.  Other comcast employees have said the issue is being worked on but we the customers are not getting any feedback as to when it will be resolved.  We would just like to know.  People stop reporting it when nothing happens which seems to be the comcast way to not have to do anything about it.  Just saying.

Official Employee

Hello all,

Favorites feature works as intended. We are changing the channel mapping and it goes region by region. In several regions, there are currently 3 channel numbers for one channel - 1 SD and 2 identical HD (one is before 1000 and the other one is higher 1000). For example, here in Denver, Food Network channel is on channels 47 (SD), 681 (HD), 1484 (HD). When you save channel 1484 you get 681 which is an identical channel. If you have HD services and "Auto-Tune to HD channels" feature is on - even if you save channel 47 in your favorites, you will see channel 681. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Valued Contributor

Currently many of us are not able to see any channel numbers >1000 in our favorites guide area.  This was changed by comcast in early July.  The problem looks like that the programming for the "favorites" is using the name of a station and not the unique channel number.  If the unique channel number was used for coding in the favorites channels you should never have multiple listings in the favorites.  So far I have not seen comcast having two channels with the same number.  Just saying. 

New Poster

Just to throw my 2 cents in here. 

The same thing is true for me also. It's been several months and it seems to have started around the time Comcat introduced the "Free to You" or "Free to Me" option (or something like that) to the guide.

If I select "All Channels" or "Free to Me" then I can see the channels above 999; but if I choose "Favorites" I cannot. When I look at the guide in "All Channels" mode I can see all of the channels above 999 have the star fully white (so I know they are a part of my favorites, but if I filter the list to just "Favorites" they disapear.

This is obviously a programming issue and should have been corrected as soon as it was discovered months ago.

I harbor no illusions that this will ever be fixed, but I just wanted to let you know I have the same issue.

I'll be leaving Comcat as soon as my discounts expire. They are absolutely the worst provider I have ever been with.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 7 in conversation