Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Favorite channels above 1000 gone from favorite list

Frequent Visitor

Favorite channels above 1000 gone from favorite list

I have been using the new channel groupings above 1000 to familiarize myself with the layout. I noticed today that all of these duplicated channels above 1000 are now gone from the favorite list.  I'm also blocked from entering one of these high channel numbers when the guide is up, so I can't bring up the guide and jump to these channel ranges. I'm fairly certain I could do this just a few days ago.

Service Expert

Re: Favorite channels above 1000 gone from favorite list

glub wrote:

I have been using the new channel groupings above 1000 to familiarize myself with the layout. I noticed today that all of these duplicated channels above 1000 are now gone from the favorite list.  I'm also blocked from entering one of these high channel numbers when the guide is up, so I can't bring up the guide and jump to these channel ranges. I'm fairly certain I could do this just a few days ago.

Is this with the website or one of the apps?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

It happens with both the full size set top X1 box with DVR and with the MOCA connected satellite box. No app. No website involved.

Contributor

I noticed this same issue yesterday, 8-24-17, evening.  Those channels were on my fav guide listing in the morning but gone later in day.  

They are starred as being a favorite channel on the 'all channel guide'.  If delete as a favorite then try to add back on-- still not showing up on the 'favorite channel guide'.  

I didn't mind the duplicates because a lot of the movie channels were grouped together in the higher digits. 

Frequent Visitor

That's the way I use it also -- to move between better grouped channels in the high range.

What would be ideal for me would be a toggle to use one channel map or the other. Even if that was in Settings making it semi-permanent from a convenience point of view. The devices could easily handle that. Of course that would require that the remapping doesn't leave something out. Smiley Happy

New Poster

I lost access to all my chanel favorites that are above 1000 when using the Favorites List. If I use that ALL Chanels list I can get to them but I then have to scroll though 900 chanels to access maybe 50 chanels that I am interested in and are in my favorites. Numerous calls to customer service and a chat. I now have TWO CR numbers. THey can't figure it out or fix it. I am sure that I am going to end up with a new box and then "I GET TO" reprogram it and try to input all my favorites. Not happy with Xfinity at this point.

New Poster

We noticed this phenomenom as well. If we select TV Listings versus the Favorite option, all of our channels are present - including 1000+. We can also enter a specific channel (i.e. 1012) and tune to it.

We tried powering the box off and on (removing the power cord), no change.

We tried removing all of our favorite channels, powering the box off (removing power cord). Powering it back up. Selecting only 1000+ channels as favorites. Rebooting the box, only to find the same behaviour, no 1000+ channels in our favorites line up.

New Poster

Yup. Same problem here. also tried rebooting, deleting and adding from list. They are not showing.

In general I am mostly interested in NOT showing some channles on the list (all those useless shopping channels, for example). I think there should be an easy way to, say, add all available channels to the favorite list, then just go through it and remove all those that are not wanted with a push of a button. Or is there perhaps a one-push option to add or delete a favorite channel? The quickest way I have found is to select the channel, press info, select "favorite" (or "remove favorite"), then press the up or down button twice. Maybe I have to familiarize myself with the remote a bit more.

Frequent Visitor

Mike, on the guide page you can move the cursor all the way left and select on the channel number to get a menu to add to favorites. A tiny bit faster, I think, than the info page.

New Poster

Same problem here. I also tried rebooting, refreshing and deleting from, then re-adding channels to favorites.
No luck.
Solution, anyone?

Regular Visitor

Have to say this is just unacceptable. I was thrilled to have the 1000's because they are so much more logically grouped and now am forced to use the All Guide to see them. Easy way to chase customers away if you ask me.
Regular Visitor

Well I guess misery loves company.  I also preferred the over 1000 channel groupings and had set up all my favorites to use them. I just went through the whole gamut of trouble shooting to no avail.  Hopefully someone from Comcast is monitoring and can update us on what is going on.

New Poster

+1 to what everyone else is reporting.  Comcast this is clearly a software bug, please fix ASAP and update this forum.

New Poster

I have the same problem , seems to have happened after new guide Free to Me was added. Called Xfinity he had me power off box , did not help. He said he re-synced server, no change. Went to comcast today got another x-1 box,

No change . Called corporate number and they opened a case number, "supposed" to call me tomorrow before

noon. They added Free to Me guide last week and it seems to me that is when it started.

Regular Visitor

Same issue for all, and yet all we get from the provider is....... Crickets.
Why host these forums if your not going to monitor them?
Official Employee

Hello all,

My apologies for the delayed response. I'm currently trying to get more information and as soon as I get an answer - I'll update this post. 

Thank you so much for your patience. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

It seems that all my favorite channels that are 1000 and above are also gone from my Favorites. The 1000's and above are categorized by type and was very useful and it was great to add them to favorites to quickly scroll through them. When switching to HD guide, they are still there and they are still "starred" as my favorites, however they do not show up in the Favorites guide.

Valued Contributor

That's Odd? I don't have the Issue. Does it have to do with the way the channel is Identified?

New Poster

I am having the same problem...none of my favorite channels numbered 1000 or higher are on my "favorites" guide.  Tried removing them from favorites and putting them back but no luck.  This seems to have happened around the time the "free to me" guide was added.  Also have had to reboot my boxes at least once every day, sometimes more, since the "free to me" was added.  Call Xfinity customer service and as told it would be several days before a tech could come.  Told the woman that was unacceptable and asked to speak to her supervisor.  She kept me on hold for about 5 minutes then informed me it could be up to 30 minutes before a supervisor would be available.  She offered to have the supervisor call me when he/she was available so I wouldn't have to be on hold.  I told her great and was assured I would be called within 30 minutes.  That was a day and a half ago and I haven't received a call back yet.  I guess I could have misunderstood her to say 30 minutes when she actually said 30 days, but I don't think so.

Official Employee

Hi, dandjbur - Please send me your account information (name, address, phone number) in a private message and I can schedule a tech visit if needed. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Hello all,

The channels over 1000 are going to be our new channel mapping. Currently, the favorites list is only set up to work with the old channel mapping or anything under 1000. We will be transitioning all of our channel mapping to channels over 1000 and doing a way with the previous channel map. Once this happens, the favorites list will be re-coded to remember favorites over 1000.  

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Any idea what the time frame is for when this new mapping will happen? I'm really tired of having to scroll through all these channels I don't watch.  And why is the new "Free to me" list next to the "Favorites" list show me channels that are NOT free to me?  aka CMT (even though I have X1 with just about every non premium movie channel)

Official Employee

Hi,  beaslpa - At this point, I don't have any estimated time frame. What other channels do you see in Free to me section that are not included with your subscription? 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

If this is the case then why did we all experience having the 1000+ channels already in our favorites, only to have it taken away?  I sang your praises for a few weeks, and now all I can do is the opposite.  

Frequent Visitor

I started having this same problem where favorites above channel 1000 are no longer shown on my X1 set top box favorites guide. They do show up on the favorites guide over the web site, it's just on the X1 set top box. It worked a couple weeks ago and was for sometime as i started switching over to using the +1000 channel line up.

Official Employee

Hi, Sdultra - To make sure that your favorites stay intact while we are working on channel mapping - we had to make a change and remove 1000+ channels from the favorite list. The system remembers the specific station id, not the channel number itself.

I fully understand the impact and inconvenience of this change but we are working hard to provide a great customer experience. We received several complaints from customers who didn't like to have duplicate favorites channels in the favorites guide view. To make sure we make it right for all customers - we have to make some necessary changes now to provide an awesome experience in the nearest future. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

So are you keeping it as is -- no channels over 1000 on fav list in fav view of guide?

Is that what you meant by best for everyone?
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the reply. I hope this will be solved in an expeditious manner. If not it should be returned to the way it was working. For this that didn't like having the 1000's duplicated in favorites, they wouldn't even notice it unless they scrolled up to the 1000's. Time is of the essence. Every day/week this remains unsolved adds exponentially to customer frustration and migration.
Regular Visitor

Coming up on 2 months since this issue was noted and we still have no resolution or a hint as to when this will be resolved. Shame on you Comcast/Xfinity!
New Poster

Well it is now the end of November and NOTHING is any better. This company has no desire to provide a great experience, they do not care a bit about the customer. I have even sent letters to each person within the C Suite about another major issue and I have not heard weird pine from anyone... They do not care, they have earned their awful reputation.
New Poster

The letter I referenced did not load, here it is.
New Poster

Yep.  Looks like we are all still waiting.  Any update on progress from Comcast/Xfinity (ComcastElla)?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats