Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

False advertising??? Secondary users do not have access to xfinity tv via internet!!

Frequent Visitor

False advertising??? Secondary users do not have access to xfinity tv via internet!!

Not sure if anyone will actually respond to this, but here goes:

We have multiple secondary users on one account.  In order for them to watch xfinity tv on demand, they would have to log in as the primary user.  Since I have been a customer of comcast for many years (even before the email), my primary user account name is the same as my email name.  So if any of the secondary users wants to view on-demand shows via internet, they have to log in as me (the primary user).  This gives them not only access to on-demand, but also to my email and also to the entire account.  I don't want to change my email address, because that is a huge inconvenience.

So the suggestion is that you allow any secondary user to have access to xfinity on demand via internet, or change your advertising to state that xfinity on demand is only available to the primary user.

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: False advertising??? Secondary users do not have access to xfinity tv via interne

They are suppose to be working on that from what has been posted here. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: False advertising??? Secondary users do not have access to xfinity tv via interne

where does it say someone is working on this, and what is the ETC?

Silver Problem Solver

a comcast employee posted to someone else who complained about the same thing that they are working on it.

Official Employee

percussionist wrote:

Not sure if anyone will actually respond to this, but here goes:

We have multiple secondary users on one account.  In order for them to watch xfinity tv on demand, they would have to log in as the primary user.  Since I have been a customer of comcast for many years (even before the email), my primary user account name is the same as my email name.  So if any of the secondary users wants to view on-demand shows via internet, they have to log in as me (the primary user).  This gives them not only access to on-demand, but also to my email and also to the entire account.  I don't want to change my email address, because that is a huge inconvenience.

So the suggestion is that you allow any secondary user to have access to xfinity on demand via internet, or change your advertising to state that xfinity on demand is only available to the primary user.

You can watch videos on Xfinitytv.com with secondary accounts. Are they set to restricted? Do you have parental controls set? What message appears when they try to watch videos online with their secondary accounts?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation