Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Expring Login Credentials.....

Contributor

Expring Login Credentials.....

I have an Alcatel One Touch Fierce Android smartphone & (Just recently got) a Skytex SP1020 Android Tablet.  Until I got the tablet, I had ALL the Comcast/Xfinity apps as well as the WatchESPN & NBC Sports Live Extra apps on my smartphone.  Now they're all on my Tablet (Except for the MY ACCOUNT app)

One PERSISTENT & HIGHLY ANNOYING problem I'm having with the Xfinity TVGo app on my tablet is MY LEGIN CREDENTIALS KEEP EXPIRING !!!  This results in the stoppage of video & being booted off the system

** THIS WAS NEVER A PROBLEM WITH MY SMARTPHONE **

At first, I thought it was a simple case of a double-login being detected, I uninstalled ALL Comcast/Xfinity apps as well as the NBC Sports Live Extra app from my smartphone (The WatchESPN app had already bee removed) & installed them on my Tablet.  I then stopped & cleared the data AND cache from the TV Go app on my Tablet (Previously installed)

Since neither of these things didn't solve the problem, a double-login can't be the issue

ALL Comcast/Xfinity apps - INCLUDING & ESPECIALLY the TVGo app (Since the functionality of other apps like the WatchESPN app) MUST have a REMEMBER ME button or box as part of the login screen.  When tapped (And IF PROGRAMMED PROPERLY BY THE DEVELOPERS !!), the app will then save a small data file containing this information to your device, thus preventing the TVGo app from having the issue of expring credentials in the first place

BTW, when told my credentials are deemed to be "Expired", a dialog box indicating this pops up.  when I tap the OK button on that box, I AM TAKEN BACK TO THE LOGIN SCREEN !!!

These login sessions can range ANYWHERE from 10 minutes (Yes I actually had one last this brief period of time) to an hour or more (Usually not much longer than this)

I HOPE THERE IS A FIX FOR THIS IN THE WORKS !!!  If not, this will be one customer who will be looking elsewhere for live TV on his tablet rather than put up with the NAGGING exprired credentials issue which exists on the TVGo app

Cheers Smiley Happy

Tags (1)
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation