Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Error message: 900|106000

New Poster

Error message: 900|106000

What is the solution for difficulty playing moives?

Sorry, we’ve experienced some difficulty playing Hello Ladies: The Movie.
Please refresh this page in your browser to continue where you left off.
900|106000

Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

Re: Error message: 900|106000

I am receiving this for over 1/2 the videos on the http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch site.  I am considering switching provers due to this issue becoming worse over time, but I first wanted to find out if you found any resolution to the issue?

Admin1

Hello humaknight,

I put in to have a tech call you about this issue to see about getting it fixed for you. You should hear from someone in the next 24-48 hours

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I am also receiving this message on literally every video that I try to watch.  I've tried fixing all the bugs, as per the other troubleshooting information, even uninstalling and reinstalling google chrome.  Help!

Contributor

Same problem here. Why does Comcast even add error messages and numbers without ever posting what they mean or how to troubleshoot the errors? 

jm111 wrote:

I am also receiving this message on literally every video that I try to watch.  I've tried fixing all the bugs, as per the other troubleshooting information, even uninstalling and reinstalling google chrome.  Help!

Admin1

@jm11   @Berger-Wolf

I've put in tickets for the both of you as well

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Just signed up for HBO so I can watch it on my media center PCs.

I get the 900|106000 error on two out of the three PC's in my home.  Unfortunately the machine that works is my desktop rather than the two PC's hooked up to big screens.

The desktop and one of the others are running Windows 8.1.

The third machine is running Windows 7.

Have tried both Chrome and IE on the two machines that won't work.  I am using Chrome on the machine that does work.

Looking for a way to fix this before I cancel the HBO service.

Regular Visitor

I asked this question a couple days ago and Ive received no help or even a response from Comcast. Getting close to cancelling my tripple play and going to another provider Im sure my $200 + a month might appreciated somewhere else.

New Poster

Getting same 900|106000 error for all videos as of about 3 days ago on both of my Macs.  It worked fine before then.  Support set up a ticket but each time they call me, when I answer the phone they hang up on me.  Uninstalled flash & silverlight and reinstalled, didn't make a difference.

New Poster

Same problem here. Live TV is ok but when you go to Networks and choose HBO or Starz result is same. Can somebody from Comcast  stop ignoring and tell what is going on ??

New Poster

I started having this problem last night, what can I do, I just keep getting error 900|106000 when I watch AMC HBO etc.

New Poster

TV Go live TV works but not any of the other videos. get Error message: 900|106000

New Poster

I am having the exact same problem. It worked fine this morning for one show and now no shows are working. Help!

New Poster

seriously, this started in late march and users are still experiencing this problem almost 2 months later. Add me to the list.

New Poster

Please put in a ticket for me as well. Same problem.. Unable to stream any shows and get error 900/106000

New Poster

I'm having the same problem. Can you fix this soon? I would like to return to my regular programing please!

New Poster

I'm also having this problem... It's starting to get really annoying. Please fix this issue.

New Poster

i am also getting this error why does comcast relase new updates that havent been tested and have fixed the bugs

New Poster

Same error message here.  Hopefully they'll get a fix soon.  No specific help from calling Comcast. 

New Poster

I have been dealing with this 900|106000 problem as well! VERY ANNOYED!!!

New Poster

Same issue  900/106000.  

New Poster

I have been having the same issue since last night, and I do not know what else to do. I can play the videos on my iphone Xfinity app but cannot play them on my laptop...I really need a fix for this as well. 

New Poster

ditto, since yesterday, what the heck is the fix for this? Multiple computers and multiple browsers.

Frequent Visitor

I am also receiving the 900|106000 error when attempting to watch multiple shows and movies from multiple networks.

New Poster

Same error here. Started about 5 days ago. Some videos play and some don't. No rhyme or reason. Some episodes of a TV show work and others don't. Some movies work and some don't. The error is the same each time. I am using a Chromebox to watch as I am away from home and wanted to watch my shows.

Frequent Visitor

Same error (900|106000) for me too.  Comcast, let's get this fixed!

Regular Visitor

ComcastZach wrote:

@jm11   @Berger-Wolf

I've put in tickets for the both of you as well

Seems like its everyone not just a few people - any way to notify the higher ups instead of making us all wait days for a phone call that most likely wont resolve the issue?

Regular Visitor

Adding my voice to the chorus of replies of "Same" here. Can we at least get an acknowledgement that this is a problem on Comcast's end and not ours? Can we get an acknowledgement that you have people working on solving this server-side? This seems like a pretty important issue. HBO Go and XFinity TV Go are completely non-functional for a good chunk of your userbase.

edit: HBO Go and XFinity TV appear to work in Chrome but not Firefox now. Very odd. This reinforces my belief that it's a problem with Flash Player as Chrome has a built-in version that may be different from the one that updated recently and which Firefox uses.

second edit: XFinity TV Go isn't working on Chrome anymore. Got through one video before returning to the 900|106000 error. HBO Go continues to work.

New Poster

Same problem, can't watch any video - error 900/106000.  when will this be resolved???

New Poster

Receiving this problem today as well, can't watch on demand. 

New Poster

I have been dealing with this for a week. It basically goes like this, I call, they run through trouble shooting and when that doesn't work they put it through to the higher ups. Should get a phone call. Phone call never happens. I call again and go through the same process with no answers. I'm ready to throw in the towel and switch. They can't even just say there's an issue. It's like they have no idea what is going on.

New Poster

Well just so save time I already did all the troubleshoots possible or listed to do.. still didnt help. I haven't had this issue before todayand its not working all day... really frustrating. 

Hope this gets fixed soon especially with the weekend starting right now gah. 

And yea paying for HBO/Starz on demand really not happy right now.

New Poster

After some rooting around, I tracked this error (in my case) to an issue with the latest edition of Adobe Flash Player (released 5/12/2015). I had to uninstall the current version of flash:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html#main_10_4

and reinstall the previous one (Flash Player 17.0.0.169; released 4/14/2015), which can be downloaded here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

There is a video on the entire reversion process  (including the 'clean reinstall') here:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1022066

At this point, I have it working in Safari, but still can't get around the issue in Chrome (which has a plugin that automatically updates flash).

Hope this helps!

Regular Visitor

Ah, good job. I had considered doing this but because the only show I wanted to watch was available already since HBO Go was working on Chrome, I didn't bother.

Still getting the "This content on Xfinity TV is not available for viewing in Private mode. To play this video using Firefox, please view this page without Private mode enabled." error, though. Looks like it's back to Chrome.

New Poster

The issue appears to be an Adobe Flash issue more than a Comcast one.  Flash updates on Tuesdays with Microsoft.  The previous version of Adobe seems to still work fine (minus whatever the updates fixed) but chances are it's Adobe's job to fix this more than Comcast's.  

New Poster

mine was messed up before i installed the new version of adobe...has to be something with comcast.....veryyyy frustratinggg!!! please fix this comcast!! not working with chrome or firefox...the issue began yesterday for me and still isn't resolved!!! i wanna watch true blood!!!!!

New Poster

I have this same error as well

New Poster

Same here. This needs to be fixed otherwise I'm leaving Comcast for good.

New Poster

Same error here.

New Poster

same error here. only work around is to go directly to the networks site. at this point comcasts site is useless.

New Poster

I too have been having this poroblem for a couple of days now.  But it happens regularly with Xfinity.  Something changes in the OS or adobe or somewhere and they do not keep up, in fact as far as i can tell they are always the last to have any idea, as every other service works but them every time.

This gets old.  I pay the high prices of comcast for the speed.  what good is it to be so fast if i have no where to go?

New Poster

HBO shows work through their site using Xfinity login. As do other sites. It is an XFINITY issue. 

New Poster

ComcastZach, put a ticket in for me as well.  Seems to me it's not an individual problem but more widespread.  I think you will be very busy putting in "tickets" to everyone with the problem.  Comcast may need to take a step back and figure out the problem.

Frequent Visitor

Please add me to the list.  I am also having problem in both IE and Chrome.  It has to be a Comcast problem not responding to the current version of flash.  If I go to any individual site (hbo, starz, tnt, abc, nbc, cbs, etc.) I can play the videos just fine with my xfinity logon.  Why can't Comcast fix the issue on their end in a timely manner?  Don't you have people doing updates in response to updates in flash?  Seems this would be something you would have people standing by to fix as changes occur.  Or have you not bothered since you know we can go to the original content provider sites (who seem to adapt just fine to changing flash versions) to get many of the programs?

Regular Visitor

Great, now none of my computers work for xfinity tv

Regular Visitor

I have found a solution to this problem for Chrome users.

The primary issue is Adobe Flash's recent update: 17.0.0.188. The previous version, 17.0.0.169 works fine.

I basically followed the same steps that user bkc1 suggested, but with a couple extra steps to get things working for Chrome.

First, you can either download the flash uninstaller, or simply go to Control Panel > Programs, and uninstall flash.

Then, download this file: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/installers/archive/fp_17.0.0.169_archive.zip

In Chrome, type in chrome://plugins/ as a url. On the top right, click Details. Go down to "Adobe Flash Player." Typically, you will only see one entry, and you will notice that is says Version:17.0.0.188.

Click on Disable for this entry.

Close Chrome.

Open the .zip file you downloaded, and extract all files. Navigate to: \fp_17.0.0.169_archive\fp_17.0.0.169_archive\17_0_r0_169 and launch the flashplayer17_0r0_169_winpep.exe. It is important that you run this "pepper" version to have an impact on Chrome.

Finish the installation, and turn off automatic updates.

Open Chrome.

Return to chrome://plugins/ with the detail list expanded once again. You will notice that there will be 2 "Adobe Flash Player" entries, both of which are disabled. You will notice that one is version 188 and the other is 169.

Click Enable on the bottom. This will enable both versions, but the 188 one will be defaulted. Disable the 188 version, leaving the 169 version enabled.

Close the Plug-ins tab, and resume your Comcast watching experience.

Frequent Visitor

RSMSTNG - It's all well and fine if you want to revert back to a previous flash, but my understanding is that the recent update was due to critical security issues in the previous version.   Sorry, but I don't want to subject my computer to hacks if I can just go to the original content provider's websites and play successfully until comcast fixes this.  However, if you're willing to take the risk, more power to you.

Frequent Visitor

Oh, and as a side note.  I think it was mentioned somewhere else on the forums that the only shows that seem to be working are CBS shows.  I have tried several of them and they work fine.  Every other network I've tried doesn't work.  So maybe this will be of some help to whoever (if anyone) is troubleshooting this problem.

New Poster

Same problem here for past 2-days.  The only thing I can get to work is live streaming of television shows, nothing else will work.  Going to the direct sites (HBO, Showtime, Starz) works just fine.  All problems began after recent update.  Problem persists in both Chrome and IE.

Frequent Visitor

What's really frustrating is that everything never seems to work at the same time.  Up until a few weeks ago, live tv wasn't working at all.  Now it works fine and the on-demand doesn't work.  

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels