Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Error codes 4001, 4007, 4025, 8006, 4121

New Poster

Error codes 4001, 4007, 4025, 8006, 4121

I've updated silverlight, my CPU is fine, I've tried restarting, none of it works.   I have been able to watch 1 of 30 things I've tried and the other 29 give me the above error codes.  

In addition, please note the following:

1.  Movie - Deadly Look of Love - only plays for the first 45 minutes or so and then it goes to a commercial, the screen goes black, and it never returns (this has happened every time I've tried to watch it)

2.  Movie - Red Eye - the movie queued there is NOT Red Eye - it's an Asian film.

3.  TV show - Project Runway Under the Gunn - the latest episode that aired last night says "This episode is no longer available".

I've had problems with this service before but all of the above is ridiculous, particularly when I pay for this service and could just use Netflix or Hulu for $7.99 a month.  This needs to be fixed.

I also find it pathetic that everyone has to post in a forum that doesn't even seem to be monitored as I'm one of MANY people with the same complaint!

Official Employee

Re: Error codes 4001, 4007, 4025, 8006

Hi,

We are currently experiencing an issue with video playback. Our engineers have been notified and are currently working on resolving the problem. Thank you for your patience while we determine the cause of the issue.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Error codes 4001, 4007, 4025, 8006

Thanks for the feedback.

Official Employee

Re: Error codes 4001, 4007, 4025, 8006, 4121

Video playback is now available. Please continue to report any errors you encounter as we monitor the situation.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

error 4007  on real time with bill season 12 episode 4. Will not play at all now. 4 days and you still have not fixed it. nor given an explaination 

New Poster

error 4007 on Grimm episode 2 PTZD

was watching Grimm and half way through episode 2 PTZD it stopped and now won't play... sighting error 4007.... I have read through all these forums and it doesn't seem to be an error on my side... can you please look into this.

New Poster

I can't stream live tv on my mac. Says FX isn't working and Disney isn't working. Explaination pleasae?!?! I can't stream movies either. Tried streaming Tropic Thunder and Pinapple Express.. and it says ERROR 4007. 

Regular Visitor

I have a new pc and am unable to watch movies ion my pc

Windows 8.1

my old laptop Windows XP works

What is the problem?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 7 in conversation