Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Error RDK-00104

Regular Visitor

Error RDK-00104

Box 1 in living room works fine,  2nd X1 big box in master bedroom getting audio however, no video, screen displays a error of RDK-00104.  Could not find this code on the T/S page or forum.  What's UP?

New Poster

Re: Error RDK-00104

error code RDK-00104

New Poster

bortique wrote:

error code RDK-00104

New Poster

Turned TV off, unplug cable box, plug box back in. Suddenly it work.  No more error.

New Poster

Error encountered

RDK-00104

I don't know how to unplug the cable box. I don't see an electrical plug only the cable.

New Poster

Where do you live, I have the same error message on all my boxes

Regular Visitor

Same as Jstuts Turned box off and waited for a minute then pluged back in, Its working again thanks for the info.

New Poster

Found the plug. Unplugged for 30 seconds. Plugged back in and TV booted up and is fine now.

New Poster

You can also hold the power button on the front of the box, and release.  The box will reboot and will work after completing the startup cycle

New Poster

Just to add my experience and to be another voice to Comcast, I got this same error message around 10pm on 10/31/14, and was unable to find this error code on Comcast's website.  Left it till this morning.  Pushed the power button on the front of the cable box to let it reboot, and it works fine now.  Would be nice if Comcast could keep-up with their error codes on their website, or at least reply themselves to their forums, as quickly as the errors pop-up.  At the very least, a little reply on any of the forums for this error with a simple "We're working on it" would be appreciated.

New Poster

I have been dealing with it myself since about the same time and date!  On hold now but restarting the box hasn't helped us, we have tried multiple times Smiley Sad

Regular Visitor

This is going to sound weird, and maybe it depends upon the type of cable box you have. Mine has a greenish lit button on the right side of the box. I pushed it (turned it off), waiting about 15 seconds and pushed it again to turn it on....the picture came back on but NO SOUND. I then went into the Xfinity menu and to the 'Settings' icon (mine looks like a little gear wheel). I clicked on it and scrolled down to "Restart this device". It took about 2-3 minutes to reboot/restart. When it DID, I had sound and picture back normally. After abou 20 hours with nothing but sound, I'm back to normal. Don't know if this will help anyone else, but Good Luck!

~David

New Poster

RDK-00104 is just my latest problem. i've rebooted numerous times with no luck(main dvr box working fine).

last week had not 1, not 2, but 3 comcast techs here trying to figure other problems out and now this!

they did attach something to my modem(only way i knew was because i can't push modem back to where i had it)

they did a lot of talking and said "lots of leaks in my neighborhood"

before leaving said tech would be out next day and replace line from telephone pole(told them that had been done about 2 yrs ago) they said would do it and hang flyer on doorknob so i knew it was done but no flyer?

been about 2hrs now and now my tv is just blank so trying to reboot again!

went to online chat-no luck connecting?

tried calling but no luck connecting?

just now have everything back-go figure?

x1 is nice but they need to fix problems-i think they bit off more than they can chew?

they tried to fix program listing so easier to read(like old way instead of grey on black) but still poor

i've had x1 since it's onset and have seen very little improvement

New Poster

How do I fix this on my TV?  No picture, sound only, can't change channels.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 12 in conversation