Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Error Message 422

New Poster

Error Message 422

I've been trying to play movies and tv shows through on demand on the xfinity website for several days now and everytime I click play, "error 422" shows up. I've googled "how to fix xfinity error 422" and nothing that I've tried has worked. I've reset safari, downloaded firefox and google chrome and tried to play the video on those web browsers, deleted all cache and cookies, deleted all storage and browsing data and settings on flash player, & I've made sure everything meets the minimum requirements listed on xfinity's website. Any suggestions of how to fix error 422? Thanks!

Problem Solver

Re: Error Message 422

Because you mention Safari I want to pass along this post by VIDEOTRANS from another thread.

***************************************************************************************

I found a fix for the streaming failure.... 422 error.  I my case it was AVAST anti-virus that blocked Comcast's server from streaming the content to my   Mac Book.  I added the server address:  secure.xfinitytv.comcast.net   to the excluded server list in the Web Shield preferences.  Now the streaming works on every channel...  By excluding ther comcast server it allowed the stream to play in my browser, and no longer blocks it.... YAY!

***************************************************************************************

Here is a link to the other thread.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Error-Message-422/m-p/2469238

New Poster

Re: Error Message 422

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  Did I say THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation