Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Error Codes

Contributor

Error Codes

For the last 3 days, I have been getting error codes on my Xfinity tv. I have looked up all

codes which all mean cannot connect to platform. I have had refresh signals sent and

plugged and unplugged until my fingers are sore. One day tv was out for 6 hours, they

were working on something, that I can forgive. However, the very next day the codes

started again. More plugging, unplugging and rebooting. I did everything that was

listed for the codes.

Today, right in the middle of a show, the program cutoff and the "somethings not

quite tight" screen started again. I had a refresh signal sent and a while later

the tv came on. I have a picture and sound but I'm stuck on a cowboy channel.

If I try to change channels the message pops up again.

I don't want to call because there always is a language barrier and it gives me

a headache. Pllus everytime I have called in the past, they start with the screwing

and unscrewing which I have done and I don't want to do it again.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to stop these messages from popping up

or what to do so I can change the channels?

Thanks

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Error Codes

It would be EXTREMELY helpful if you told us exactly what the error messages are..........
Contributor

Here you go:  RDK-03033, RDK-3004, RDK-03030  It's always a RDK.

It changes but I looked up all the codes and they basically mean the same thing.

PS: A few minutes after I posted, my tv went back to normal...no more cowboys!

Gold Problem Solver

Sounds like you were in an outage.

nature-lover wrote:

Here you go:  RDK-03033, RDK-3004, RDK-03030  It's always a RDK.

It changes but I looked up all the codes and they basically mean the same thing.

PS: A few minutes after I posted, my tv went back to normal...no more cowboys!

Contributor

Well, it's Sunday and we are looking art error code RDK-03033. I can't change the channel or use guide or anyhing else. Oh yeah, the same

thing happened Saturday. We didn't do anything and eventually it fixed itself. Hopefully today it will fix itself...again.

As far as an outage goes, the comcast office says there are no outages in my area. Makes me feel like a fool to be paying $200 per month

and this is what my $200 buys.

Can't comcast look at their info and tell that something is wrong by how many times I have called and the number of refresh signals I have

requested? This has turned into an every day event and it's getting very tiresome. The only positive thing about today is that it's not stuck

on a cowboy channel!

Gold Problem Solver

The error codes you posted are "poor signal" error codes. That particular X1 box has a very poor connection to the Comcast network.

If you have triple checked all connections within your house and you still have a problem, have Comcast send a tech out to investigate.

FYI very few people in your shoes get their issues fixed without a tech visit.
Official Employee

All of your equipment is far out of spec. If you've already done checking your connections etc and removed any unneeded splitters, you'll need a tech out. It's not an outage, all other customers close to you are online.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

nature-lover, the information that ComcastAndrew shared is correct. If you need assistance in getting a tech out to repair your services please send me a private message by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and provide your account number, street address, and the full name on the account. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

Since my last posting, I have not had any more error codes. Somebody at comcast must have flipped a switch or something.

Instead of a tech, should I take my equipment back and exchange it? I don't need a tech to install it, I've done it many times.

Hopefully this is fixed. Now I'm going to the internet page because my US has been orange for about a month. Not comcast

modem but made for use with comcast.

Official Employee

nature-lover wrote:

Since my last posting, I have not had any more error codes. Somebody at comcast must have flipped a switch or something.

Instead of a tech, should I take my equipment back and exchange it? I don't need a tech to install it, I've done it many times.

Hopefully this is fixed. Now I'm going to the internet page because my US has been orange for about a month. Not comcast

modem but made for use with comcast.

Nothing's changed in the signal levels of all of your equipment. You need a tech out before you swap anything out.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

Well, I'm back again. Had error codes all week end. I did my normal screwing and unscrewing and having refresh

signals sent. I took my boxes to the nearest office today. I was told that my boxes are the latest and correct boxes.

Looking at my account, she said everything was "red" and that meant there was a connection issue and not the

boxes. She made an appointment for a tech to come out tomorrow.

I bought the boxes back home and plugged them back in. Of course the error code was back. I kept fiddling with

it until I got it going again. Then comcast called, of course it was someone who could barely speak English. He

wanted to know if my tv was working now. I told him yes and explained what has been going on for the last 2 weeks.

He said I didn't need the tech anymore and he would cancel the tech since everything was working again. I told him NO

do NOT cancel the tech. He finally agreed not to cancel the tech.

This is exactly why I didn't want to talk to these reps, I had to keep explaining the problems to him. You guys keep

saying that nothing is wrong with the connection yet the local office could see on their pc that something was wrong.

There is a scheduled outage in a couple of days, I can't wait to see what happens after that. 

My pc download speed is in the thirtys and I have "Blast" or whatever the 150 is called. Anyway, you don't have to

reply to this I just needed to get this off my chest. I'm going to take my aspirin now and see my tech tomorrow.

Official Employee

Hopefully the tech coming out tomorrow, cleans everything up to you.
It was a waste a time swapping out equipment ( like I suggested to you 3 weeks ago).

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Hi, nature-lover - How was your tech visit? Are you still getting any error messages? 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation