New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Error Code: RDVR-928

New Poster

I am trying to schedule a recording online and I keep getting an error:

Please give us a moment.

Sorry, but we're not able to schedule this recording right now.

We're working on it and should have it fixed shortly.

Pleast try again later.

Comcast.jpg

Do NOT tell me I do not have a DVR because I am certainly being charged for one!  If my account shows that I do not have a DVR, I want the DVR fees I have been paying for the last year+ immediately refunded.

If this error truly means that the customer does not have a DVR, then why does the message not simply state that?  I have searched online and the forums and found that dozens upon dozens of people get this error and are summarily told it is because they do not have a DVR.  One customer's question about this error and how to remedy it  was marked as solved with "You do not have a DVR."  That is not a solution when the customer actually does have a DVR.  I think this is laziness on the part of Comcast Support.  Either that, or Comcast's system is so flawed and error-ridden that it cannot tell that your account has a DVR despite the billing part of the system having no such flaw.  But it is likely both.

The forum posts regarding this exact same error date back to 2014.  This is considered "shortly?"  I don't believe Comcast is working on it at all and is utterly uninterested in fixing it ever let alone shortly.  One user posted this error in January 2015.  No one ever responded; not even a Comcast rep with the useless copout "you dont have a DVR."  Another user posted in March 2015 where he started getting this error after being able to schedule recordings online for months prior.  No response from Comcast.

Seeing how other customers with this problem have been completely ignored by Comcast, I really do not expect to get a response.  I am just hopeful that if enough customers complain about this problem long enough, they might actually fix it.

Service Expert

Re: Error Code: RDVR-928

Oeberon wrote:

I am trying to schedule a recording online and I keep getting an error:

Please give us a moment.

Sorry, but we're not able to schedule this recording right now.

We're working on it and should have it fixed shortly.

Pleast try again later.

Comcast.jpg

Do NOT tell me I do not have a DVR because I am certainly being charged for one!  If my account shows that I do not have a DVR, I want the DVR fees I have been paying for the last year+ immediately refunded.

If this error truly means that the customer does not have a DVR, then why does the message not simply state that?  I have searched online and the forums and found that dozens upon dozens of people get this error and are summarily told it is because they do not have a DVR.  One customer's question about this error and how to remedy it  was marked as solved with "You do not have a DVR."  That is not a solution when the customer actually does have a DVR.  I think this is laziness on the part of Comcast Support.  Either that, or Comcast's system is so flawed and error-ridden that it cannot tell that your account has a DVR despite the billing part of the system having no such flaw.  But it is likely both.

The forum posts regarding this exact same error date back to 2014.  This is considered "shortly?"  I don't believe Comcast is working on it at all and is utterly uninterested in fixing it ever let alone shortly.  One user posted this error in January 2015.  No one ever responded; not even a Comcast rep with the useless copout "you dont have a DVR."  Another user posted in March 2015 where he started getting this error after being able to schedule recordings online for months prior.  No response from Comcast.

Seeing how other customers with this problem have been completely ignored by Comcast, I really do not expect to get a response.  I am just hopeful that if enough customers complain about this problem long enough, they might actually fix it.

The error is a "vanilla" error message which can cover a multitude of reasons why.....  the online scheduling system is temporarily either offline or is having a difficult time in scheduling to your DVR.... try again later, and if it continues to fail, call into Comcast and speak with a CSR about the issue using these numbers  1-800-266-2278 or 1-800-934-6489

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

geek46 wrote:

The error is a "vanilla" error message which can cover a multitude of reasons why.....  the online scheduling system is temporarily either offline or is having a difficult time in scheduling to your DVR.... try again later, and if it continues to fail, call into Comcast and speak with a CSR about the issue using these numbers  1-800-266-2278 or 1-800-934-6489

I just tried it again and it is still giving me the same error today regardless of channel or time.  I get the error instantly, so it does not appear that it is even attempting to schedule to my DVR.  How much later must it be before I try again?  It's already been a day.

This is not the first time I have gotten this error.  I tried scheduling a recording online several months ago and got the same error.  I didn't think anything of it and never got around to trying it again that time as I got busy with work and forgot all about it.

Granted, this is only the second time I have used the online service and I likely won't use it often, but I expect it to work when I do use it as it is included in the small fortune I pay every month for television and internet.

I hate the telephone which is why I chose this medium to contact Comcast.  What is the point of offering the forums if Comcast is not going to help the customers who use it?

New Poster

I have been getting this error ever since I signed up with Comcast.  I've called them many times and just get transferred around and around.   I usually give up after about an hour or after I get to the manager of the manager of the manager and he admits that he has absolutely no idea how to help fix the problem and has nobody else to transfer me to.   The MAC address for the DVR device on my xfinity profile does not match the MAC address on the bottom of the DVR box.  I'm assuming that's probably the problem.  I have asked several people at comcast if that is the problem and got a couple of them to at least look at the device profile and get me to read the MAC address to them.  They agree that it doesn't match and that this could be the problem but they say they cannot change the MAC address on the profile and as far as they know nobody at comcast can do that.   I really loved doing online scheduling of recordings with DirectTV it was one of my favorite things.  I could browse the tv guide while at my office and shedule shows to record and they would be there waiting for me when I got home.   I'll probably switch back to Direct TV because this isn't the only issue we've had with comcast  They also lied to us when we setup the account about the channels we would get and about how much the bill would be.   It's much higher than they said it would be and we get nowhere near as many channels as they promised we would get.   It's no use calling them to complain though, they just play phone tag and send you around the world to talk to different people with different dialects who just keep telling to reboot your devices.  Yes, even if you have a billing problem they tell you to reboot your devices.   

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation