Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Error 900|101000.101004.101005

New Poster

Error 900|101000.101004.101005

I'm getting Error 900|101000.101004.101005 on Game of Thrones Season 1, Ep 1. Can this be/how is this fixed please?

Thanks!

Regular Contributor

Re: Error 900|101000.101004.101005

Try going to the HBO website and watch from there and see if you still have a problem.

- Norm

Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same problem.  HELP!

New Poster

Why should we have to go to HBO's website! We pay good money for Comcast to provide this service, Comcast should fix this problem. I get the same issue, the stream plays for a few seconds then stops with the same error. Tried refereshing, flash update, etc. nothing seems to help. I get better service from "FREE" streaming service.

Regular Contributor

Look, going to HBO's web site is a work around to enable people to watch HBO when the Xfinity's sites buggyness prevents them from watching directly. If you are an HBO user suffering an inability to watch any or all shows be glad you have that as an alternative because some people who're trying to watch BBC America shows (like Orphan Black) can't because of one error or another and don't have another option since the BBC America web site does not offer streaming of episodes so it's either Xfinity or nothing for those unlucky people.

According to the Comcast telephone support people "The streaming service is provided as a free service to customers who purchase TV service from us and there is no separate charge for it." So you won't see a separate charge on your bill for it, it can't be purchased by itself and you can't discontinue it. So you may have a hard time convicing any regulatory agency that you are in some way being deprived of service or that "you aren't getting what you pay for" because you can't show in any way that you are paying for it, even though your TV subscription is subsidizing the streaming service. But if you want to go that route, your best bet is to complain to your local franchise authority which should be listed on your monthly bill and can vary state to state, region to region.

If you're having technical problems with the streaming service and you haven't received an answer from any of the official Comcast people here in a reasonable amount of time then I suggest you send a private message to one of them and see if you can get their attention.

- Norm

New Poster

Norm -

Thank you! I have been trying to troubleshoot this issue all morning and I found your reply - problem solved!

Thank you!

New Poster

Great suggestion Normathome, bypassing is an excellent solution until this issue is worked out.  At least I can watch something.

Regular Contributor

Hi everyone...

There are several posts I've made since early this morning on this topic. Apologies if you were unable to locate it which is an issue for another time.

I'll merge this with the primary thread here: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/UPDATE-TV-Go-Web-and-Mobile-Live-Streams-are-coming-b...

Norm does offer a viable option I also recommend to everyone. Your Xfinity subscription allows you access to content on other provider's sites in the event ours is degraded. 

The highlight here is that this issue has been resolved as of 4:18pm EST and should be returning to normal. 

Thanks for your patience during these issues.

Sincerely,

Matt

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: true My Conroller ID: 154 My Map ID: 163 My Persona ID: 10931 My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Watchlist setup: false Facebook Watchlist Syncing: false Facebook Connect: false My public IP address: 24.30.23.113 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 10 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Silverlight version: 5.1.30514.0 My Flash version: 15.0.0.152 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (2599 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Thu Sep 18 18:58:09 CDT 2014 Server Clock Time: Thu Sep 18 18:57:48 CDT 2014

My Account Information In Home Authenticated: false Primary Account: true Provider Codes: s, gt, du, cy, fk, ep, eq, hc, dm, cq, hb, eu, ey, ee, fm, u, gz, fc, eh, bt, gi, ja, bw, gf, bu, by, bs, at, em, bl, ix, gd, fo, bp, gw, gr, iy, k, dg, dt, bn, ha, bi, bj, ce, it, ez, dx, gk, fh, fd, do, fy, is, au, ew, ed, b, dj, de, h, fa, ci, a, fx, gq, cp, jf, cw, ge, ea, cb, e, eb, bz, jj, co, ir, gh, jc, gn, dp, gg, gl, dh, f, m, en, gp, fi, cd, cf, fb, ar, cg, df, cu, cz, ia, c, br, fe, n, ex, ga, fw, fz, o, bx, dw, fn, ff, jm, dv, fs, ct, cs, et, cv, gv, fr, db, dr, bm, jb, gm, er, fv, dy, cj, bo, dn, ft, bq, jk, aw, je, dc, jl, jn, da, im, iz, fq, fl, gs, bv, el, di, fu, cx, dq, fg, fp, ds, eo, gx, d, y, es, gj, ev, ht, gc, fj, cn, ch, gb, eg, cc, ji Internet Subscriber: true Cable TV Subscriber: true Voice Subscriber: true
Regular Contributor

Zimmy,

Can you specify what videos this is happening in? This error is fairly intermittent as it can occur for a variety if reasons. It indicates your computer was unable to download a fragment of the video stream after 5 retries.

Typically, hitting the retry option gets you back to a playable stream.

If you consistently are getting an "04.05" please let me know.

I need to know what you were playing, device type (which I have from that Log already), and other videos or live streams you tried.

Thanks,
Matt

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I'm having this same problem. It only happens in full screen.

New Poster

Trying to watch program and it keeps coming up with this error:  900|101000.101004.101005

Same error in IE and Chrome.  Have to "refresh", which takes it to the commercial (which you can't skip).  then it hangs, and puts the same error towards the end of the commercial....so you get stuck in a constant loop watching the commercials.  

Please  help.

Regular Contributor

Good morning,

Let's try and help. Can you please provide the following so we can look into it?

1. Video URL or details of the video (i.e. Season 2, Episode 4 of Homeland)
2. Your OS and Browser versions
3. Is this only happening during the commercial breaks? Same break/ad? If so, which one?

Thanks!
Matt

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Contributor

You didn't mention what show you are trying to watch, but in most cases when all else fails you can go directly to the networks own website and watch from there.

It would help if you mentioned what operating system you are using? Since the problem is happening across all web browsers perhaps you have some system problem, have you by any chance tried a different computer? If the problem is happening across multiple computers then this problem can also be caused by a bad modem or router and you'll need to do some trouble shooting to determine which. Also some people have in rare instances reported this problem as a line / signal strength issue and in that case you need to have a Comcast Tech come and test your line and possibly replace your line to the pole.

- Norm

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 10 in conversation