Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Error 634

New Poster

Error 634

Am trying to watch BTN and am received Error 634 message.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Silverlight twice.  Shut down my computer twice.  I still can't watch the game.  Now what?

New Poster

Re: Error 634

Same problem here... error 634... uninstalled Silverlight and reinstalled... nothing.

New Poster

I'm having the same issue. Its a problem with the network or comcast. I can watch espn without any problem.

Here is my error message:

This video cannot be played.

We have detected a problem with your Microsoft Silverlight installation  (Error 634). To fix this problem please uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Silverlight.

For instructions on how to fix your problem click below

New Poster

For a year I tried repeatedly uninstalling and reinstalling Silverlight manually.  Finally, after being pointed to the Netflix site for a similar problem, I used Microsoft's automatic "Fixit" tool, and it worked!

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2608523

Click on the Fixit icon and watch it uninstall/reinstall Silverlight.  Don't know what it does differently than a manual uninstall/reinstall, but it works!  WooHoo!

New Poster

Nope it says it is a corrupted file and the "fixit" doesn't fix it.  Just another service of Comcast that doesn't work, and calling the help desk - well let's just say I am not talking to a citizen of the US or anyone in my neighorbood.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation