members

topics

Error 6205

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Error 6205

I'm trying to continue watching episodes of True Blood but this is what I get:

This video cannot be played.

Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 6205)

Please check back soon.

Learn More
I can't watch new episodes or ones that I've already watched before. And I get this message in both Firefox and Safari. The videos are playing on my daughter's PC but not my Mac as they have before so I'm assuming it's a problem with my computer?
Any ideas?
Accepted Solution

Re: Error 6205, 6022

Guess what? It works.

I checked all of my recently loaded software and couldn't find anything that might be causing a problem. I've had the Flip For Mac WMV player on this machine for quite a while but since it has to do with video playback I deleted it just to be safe. 

I thought maybe there was some kind of permissions error so I did that disk utility thing and repaired permissions.

I still couldn't get playback so I went to Netflix to see if I could play videos from their site...which I should have done in the beginning and just forgot about it. Nothing in Netflix would play either.

I figured it must be a problem with Silverlight. In the Netflix help forums someone mentioned using an older version of Silverlight so I uninstalled the one I had then tried to download the older version. Time and time again my Mac wouldn't let me install the older version because it said there was a newer one already installed on my hard drive. This was strange since I had already installed an earlier version like you suggested and didn't have any problem with that. So I deleted all traces of all versions of Silverlight but the old version I was trying to install still wouldn't cooperate.

I took 3 Tylenol.

Finally, I learned that Flip for Mac includes Silverlight so I searched my computer for any traces of Flip for Mac and found it in another folder where I hadn't thought to look...the System Library folder, I think. I never go there. I don't know why stuff shows up in more than one place sometimes.

I deleted the final traces of Flip for Mac, downloaded the newest version of Silverlight clicked play and held my breath. It worked. I'm guessing that was the culprit although why it just now started causing problems I'll never know.

Flip for Mac=bad. Pass it on.

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Error 6205

jaysonshannon wrote:

I'm trying to continue watching episodes of True Blood but this is what I get:

Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 6205)

Please check back soon.

Learn More
I can't watch new episodes or ones that I've already watched before. And I get this message in both Firefox and Safari. The videos are playing on my daughter's PC but not my Mac as they have before so I'm assuming it's a problem with my computer?
Any ideas?

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Here is the information you requested. I have cleared my browser's cache and cookies. I also updated my flash player and Silverlight. Still no luck.

My Device Information My Zip Code: 77429

My Cable Provider: Comcast Houston Digital

My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed

My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed

My Queue setup: False

Facebook Queue Syncing: false

Facebook Connect: False

My public IP address: 76.31.28.85

My operating system: Mac - rv:12.0

My web browser: Firefox 12 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0

My system type: Desktop computer or other device

My Move player version: Not Installed

My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0

My flash version: 11.2 r202

Javascript: enabled

Cookies: enable

Official Employee

jaysonshannon wrote:

Here is the information you requested. I have cleared my browser's cache and cookies. I also updated my flash player and Silverlight. Still no luck.

My Device Information My Zip Code: 77429

My Cable Provider: Comcast Houston Digital

My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed

My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed

My Queue setup: False

Facebook Queue Syncing: false

Facebook Connect: False

My public IP address: 76.31.28.85

My operating system: Mac - rv:12.0

My web browser: Firefox 12 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0

My system type: Desktop computer or other device

My Move player version: Not Installed

My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0

My flash version: 11.2 r202

Javascript: enabled

Cookies: enable

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

As I said in my first post I've tried it in Firefox and Safari with no luck. I've updated and cleared everything I can think of. Any other suggestions?

Official Employee

jaysonshannon wrote:

As I said in my first post I've tried it in Firefox and Safari with no luck. I've updated and cleared everything I can think of. Any other suggestions?

Try uninstalling Silverlight from your computer and then try downloading version 4 from here.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

No joy with Silverlight v.4 Smiley Sad

I have completely cleared all cookies and all history in both Firefox and Safari. I even uninstalled Firefox (profile and all) then reinstalled it and now I get a different error number:

Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 6022)

Please check back soon.

The odd thing is that I get the TV-MA parental controls screen thing, then sometimes it will go to the next screen where the HBO logo and song start to play but it just flashes there for a second before the error message pops up. It's like it wants to play the video then something zaps it out.

I can play video just fine on other websites, yours is the only one I'm having trouble with.

Any more ideas? I'll try whatever you throw out.

My Device Information My Zip Code: 77429 My Cable Provider: Comcast Houston Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 76.31.28.85 My operating system: Mac - rv:12.0 My web browser: Firefox 12 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.1.10329.0 My flash version: 11.2 r202 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled
Official Employee

jaysonshannon wrote:

No joy with Silverlight v.4 Smiley Sad

I have completely cleared all cookies and all history in both Firefox and Safari. I even uninstalled Firefox (profile and all) then reinstalled it and now I get a different error number:

Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 6022)

Please check back soon.

The odd thing is that I get the TV-MA parental controls screen thing, then sometimes it will go to the next screen where the HBO logo and song start to play but it just flashes there for a second before the error message pops up. It's like it wants to play the video then something zaps it out.

I can play video just fine on other websites, yours is the only one I'm having trouble with.

Any more ideas? I'll try whatever you throw out.

My Device Information My Zip Code: 77429 My Cable Provider: Comcast Houston Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 76.31.28.85 My operating system: Mac - rv:12.0 My web browser: Firefox 12 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.1.10329.0 My flash version: 11.2 r202 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

Is there any software that you have recently installed on your computer?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Yes I just transferred a bunch of stuff from an old computer to this one. Here's what I installed:

Celtx - scriptwriting software

Feed For All - RSS publishing

Fine Print Express - graphics printing

GoFlex Drive - software for external hard drive

Prism - video converter

Seagate Diagnostics - for external drive

Plus about a bagillion fonts.

Even with all those additons I still have plenty of RAM and empty hard drive space. I've opened all of the software I loaded and it's all working properly.

If you tell me to uninstall everything I just installed then reinstall them one at a time to see if they're interfering...I will have to stab myself in the eye with a fork.

Just so you know Smiley Happy

Official Employee

jaysonshannon wrote:

Yes I just transferred a bunch of stuff from an old computer to this one. Here's what I installed:

Celtx - scriptwriting software

Feed For All - RSS publishing

Fine Print Express - graphics printing

GoFlex Drive - software for external hard drive

Prism - video converter

Seagate Diagnostics - for external drive

Plus about a bagillion fonts.

Even with all those additons I still have plenty of RAM and empty hard drive space. I've opened all of the software I loaded and it's all working properly.

If you tell me to uninstall everything I just installed then reinstall them one at a time to see if they're interfering...I will have to stab myself in the eye with a fork.

Just so you know Smiley Happy

One of these things is probably conflicting with videos from playing. But I am not sure which one yet.

Do not uninstall them but go through their settings and make sure that they are not blocking any other programs on your computer. Make sure that they are not controlling your firewall.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Guess what? It works.

I checked all of my recently loaded software and couldn't find anything that might be causing a problem. I've had the Flip For Mac WMV player on this machine for quite a while but since it has to do with video playback I deleted it just to be safe. 

I thought maybe there was some kind of permissions error so I did that disk utility thing and repaired permissions.

I still couldn't get playback so I went to Netflix to see if I could play videos from their site...which I should have done in the beginning and just forgot about it. Nothing in Netflix would play either.

I figured it must be a problem with Silverlight. In the Netflix help forums someone mentioned using an older version of Silverlight so I uninstalled the one I had then tried to download the older version. Time and time again my Mac wouldn't let me install the older version because it said there was a newer one already installed on my hard drive. This was strange since I had already installed an earlier version like you suggested and didn't have any problem with that. So I deleted all traces of all versions of Silverlight but the old version I was trying to install still wouldn't cooperate.

I took 3 Tylenol.

Finally, I learned that Flip for Mac includes Silverlight so I searched my computer for any traces of Flip for Mac and found it in another folder where I hadn't thought to look...the System Library folder, I think. I never go there. I don't know why stuff shows up in more than one place sometimes.

I deleted the final traces of Flip for Mac, downloaded the newest version of Silverlight clicked play and held my breath. It worked. I'm guessing that was the culprit although why it just now started causing problems I'll never know.

Official Employee

jaysonshannon wrote:

Guess what? It works.

I took 3 Tylenol.

I am thrilled that videos are now working for you but I am sorry for the headache it put you though.

Thank you for giving us your solution and please reach out to me if you run into any further issues.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation