New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Error 6013

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Error 6013

"This video cannot be played.

We notice you do not have DRM support enabled for Microsoft Silverlight (Error 6013).

For instructions on how to fix your problem click below.

Since then, I've uninstalled Microsoft Silverlight (deleting all files, plugins, applications, etc from my computer), reinstalled, and tried again. Then repeated the same process, and tried again on the same browser (Chrome) and then another (Safari).  No change.

My device information: 

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: True Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 66.31.30.157 My operating system: Mac - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 21 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_8) AppleWebKit/537.1 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/21.0.1180.57 Safari/537.1 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: 071706000001 My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.3 R300 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Fri Aug 03 2012 19:21:21 GMT-0400 (EDT) Server Clock Time: Fri Aug 03 2012 19:21:19 GMT-0400 (EDT)

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: Bw, S, Ci, A, Y, Bq, Bx, Ce, Cd, Cf, By, Bu, At, Bs, Cb, Ch, Ar, Aw, Bz, Bm, Au, Bl, Bv, B, U, Bp, Br, Bo, Bt, Cc, H, Ad, Bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False

Help, please.  I pay for this service and it's not working - I'm seriously displeased, and nothing in these help boards has been the least bit useful.

Accepted Solution

Re: Error 6013

Dsayers wrote:

I'm still waiting for a resolution on this, and am appalled at Comcast's customer service. It's been more than a week and still no resolution, and it's been three full days since any Comcast representative has communicated with me regarding this problem.  

The service you provide, which I pay you for, is failing to function - and I've gotten little to no assistance nor any apology from Comcast for this issue. Please inform me when this will be resolved.

There may still be some hidden files on your Mac with Silverlight files that need to be removed. Try un-hiding all files and see if they appear:

1) To show hidden files, open the Terminal and enter: 

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES

then hit Return/Enter  

2) Navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/ and drag the Silverlight folder into your trash
3) Navigate to ~/Library/Preferences/ and drag the com.microsoft.silverlight.plist file to your trash
4) Empty the trash
5) Hide your hidden files again by opening the Terminal and entering:

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles NO

then hit Return/Enter 

6) Restart your computer
7) Reinstall Silverlight from here

8) Try watching a video again

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Just noticed that the link above says "unknown" in the cable provider - i was logged into xfinity under my comcast account at the time, so not sure why that is.

To add to it: i've restarted my computer twice now, no change, unstalled and reinstalled Chrome, no change.  

When the alert above appears, I'm now ALSO getting a popup alert at the top of my browser which says "Could Not Load Silverlight Plugin". 

I'm trying to watch: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/The-Big-Bang-Theory/95852/2263397590/Bath-Item-Gift-Hypothesis%2C-Th...

and http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Rizzoli-%26-Isles/106474/2254970770/Money-Maker/videos

and http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/The-Closer/1813/2262302646/Last-Rites/videos (on this one, the commercial played for 1/2 a second before shutting off and showing me the Error 6013 again.

I have recently upgraded my harddrive size (at an Apple Certified technician).

How can I fix this?

Frequent Visitor

And just to be SUPER detailed, I also tried this suggestion from an earlier Forum post, and the file does not exist anywhere on my computer. 

--

The file is a different location on a Mac:

1. Close your browser

2. Click the Finder icon from the dock at the bottom of the screen.

3. At the top of the screen in the menu bar, select "Go"

4. Now click "Computer"

5. Click Macintosh HD

6. Open the Application Support folder

7. Open the Microsoft folder

8. Open the PlayReady folder and delete the mspr.hds file

Now try playing a video again and let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

------

Official Employee

Dsayers wrote:

And just to be SUPER detailed, I also tried this suggestion from an earlier Forum post, and the file does not exist anywhere on my computer. 

--

The file is a different location on a Mac:

1. Close your browser

2. Click the Finder icon from the dock at the bottom of the screen.

3. At the top of the screen in the menu bar, select "Go"

4. Now click "Computer"

5. Click Macintosh HD

6. Open the Application Support folder

7. Open the Microsoft folder

8. Open the PlayReady folder and delete the mspr.hds file

Now try playing a video again and let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

------

After you tried playing a video again, has the mspr.hds reappeared? If so, do not delete it and just rename it to oldmspr.hds and try again.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

mspr.hds has not re-appared (or 'appeared' for the 1st time, as far as I can tell) even after trying to play the video.

Official Employee

Dsayers wrote:

mspr.hds has not re-appared (or 'appeared' for the 1st time, as far as I can tell) even after trying to play the video.

Go to Finder > Applications > Microsoft Silverlight

Make sure that "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install" them is selected.

Make sure that both options under the Playback tab are checked.

Make sure that the application storage is cleared and enabled.

(If you try the steps above and are still having issues, go to the permissions tab and allow Xfinitytv.com)

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you, Joe. I'll try this when I get home from work and let you know the results.

New Poster

I am having the same issue and did this - it made absolutely no difference

Frequent Visitor

I also did this - the options were already selected as you had suggested. There has been no change; I still get the same Error 6013. I would like to talk to a live human being to solve this problem; I've been dealing with this issue since Saturday and am very unimpressed that it has not been resolved.

Official Employee

Dsayers wrote:

I also did this - the options were already selected as you had suggested. There has been no change; I still get the same Error 6013. I would like to talk to a live human being to solve this problem; I've been dealing with this issue since Saturday and am very unimpressed that it has not been resolved.

Try logging in as a different user or create a new user account and try again. Let me know the results.

Nique: Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

When I try to create a new username using my Comcast Account Billing $, i get the following error:

"You already have Comcast username(s) set-up. You can use one of these to sign-in with."

However, when I click on the link that says "Not [personname]@comcast.net? Create a username", it brings me right back to the beginning of the sequence to rinse and repeat.  I tried to login using my cell #, SSN, and Phone # with the same result.

New Poster

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 98.243.20.245 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; BRI/1; .NET4.0E; BRI/2) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.3 r300 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Tue Aug 7 11:31:38 EDT 2012 Server Clock Time: Tue Aug 7 11:31:39 EDT 2012

Official Employee

Nique_ wrote:

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 98.243.20.245 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; BRI/1; .NET4.0E; BRI/2) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.3 r300 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Tue Aug 7 11:31:38 EDT 2012 Server Clock Time: Tue Aug 7 11:31:39 EDT 2012

Are you using IE9 32-bit or 64-bit?

Dsayers: Try signing in as a different user on your Mac.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

How can I find out?

Also, I use FireFox 14.0.1

Frequent Visitor

I created a new username, logged out, deleted microsoft silverlight and all assocaited programs/shortcuts/etc, logged into Xfinity using my new username, downloaded silverlight, and had the exact same error on all of the same videos.

I would prefer to talk to someone in person about this - it has been five days now with no solution, and this is a service I'm paying for and not able to access. This is unacceptable. 

Official Employee

Nique_ wrote:

How can I find out?

Also, I use FireFox 14.0.1

Try clearing any hidden PlayReady cache. To do that:

Go to Start and search "cmd". "cmd.exe will appear and right-click it and Run as an administrator. Now enter the folling into the command line:

cd %ProgramData%\Microsoft\PlayReady\
del *.hds
rmdir /S Cache

You'll be presented with a Yes/No prompt. Hit Y and press Enter. Windows will delete the hidden Cache folder and all its content.

Dsayers: search your computer for all Silverlight files and make sure any old files are removed.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

That worked beautifully - thank you!

Frequent Visitor

Joe, I've alraedy used the search function to search for all "Silverlight", "PlayReady", and "mspr.hds" files, and deleted them - them emptied trash, restarted computer, searched again to confirm they're gone, and then started over (i.e. logging in under new user name, reinstalling silverlight, etc) and have the same exact result.

Frequent Visitor

Joe, what is the status of this? I still haven't had a resolution. Is there something else I should try, or someone else with whom I should speak to find a solution?  

Official Employee

Dsayers wrote:

Joe, what is the status of this? I still haven't had a resolution. Is there something else I should try, or someone else with whom I should speak to find a solution?  

I am still looking into it but this solution may work:

Go to Applications > Utilities >Terminal; then type this:

rm -rf /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/Silverlight.plugin
rm -rf /Library/Receipts/Silverlight*.pkg
rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/Microsoft/Silverlight

These are three separate lines so please hit the Return key after each line just like this and then try again.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you, Joe - I will try this once I get home and let you know if this resolves it.

Frequent Visitor

This also didn't work. When it completed (and yes, I hit return after each line) there were still silverlight files on my computer, but Xfinity told me to reinstall anyway.  I did so and it didn't work (same error message). Then I manually deleted everything, emptied trash, ran the lines of code through the Terminal again, and then tried over again (re-installing, etc) - and got the same error again.

Frequent Visitor

I'm still waiting for a resolution on this, and am appalled at Comcast's customer service. It's been more than a week and still no resolution, and it's been three full days since any Comcast representative has communicated with me regarding this problem.  

The service you provide, which I pay you for, is failing to function - and I've gotten little to no assistance nor any apology from Comcast for this issue. Please inform me when this will be resolved.

Official Employee

Dsayers wrote:

There may still be some hidden files on your Mac with Silverlight files that need to be removed. Try un-hiding all files and see if they appear:

1) To show hidden files, open the Terminal and enter: 

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES

then hit Return/Enter  

2) Navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/ and drag the Silverlight folder into your trash
3) Navigate to ~/Library/Preferences/ and drag the com.microsoft.silverlight.plist file to your trash
4) Empty the trash
5) Hide your hidden files again by opening the Terminal and entering:

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles NO

then hit Return/Enter 

6) Restart your computer
7) Reinstall Silverlight from here

8) Try watching a video again

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

This resolved the issue (at least for the four videos I have tried so far); thank you.

New Poster

Error 6013

Error message 6013 on my mac when trying to watch tv on computer....ugh. help. installed silverlight twice...

New Poster

I keep trying to watch Boardwalk Empire and keep getting this Error 525/6013!!!!

This is really irritating!!! I have been trying to watch this show for the past three days now but I keep getting this stupid error.  I have deleted Adobe and reinstalled it.  I have deleted Silverlight and reinstalled it.  I have also gone to tools > manager add ons> and made sure that Silverlight and Adobe add ons are both enabled.  I have tried to watch the videos in Internet explorer and I have also tried watching them in Firefox.  I don't understand the problem because I have made no software changes to my computer and up until three days ago; I had no problem accessing these videos.  Also, if there was a problem with my Silverlight or my Adobe players, why is it that I can access other videos online?  I am tired of going around in circles with installing and uninstalling programs and fishing through forums which give no useful advice.  Below I have included the exact message I am getting in my player and I have also included my device information.  I would like to know a real solution to this problem!!!!!!!

This video cannot be played.

We notice you do not have DRM support enabled for Microsoft Silverlight  (Error 525|6013).

For instructions on how to fix your problem click below.

My Device Information My Zip Code: 64052 My Cable Provider: Comcast Independence Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 2 My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 69.247.222.120 My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; AskTbORJ/5.15.2.23037; BOIE9;ENUS) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.5 r502 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (2767 Bytes) Time Information My Clock Time: Thu Dec 27 01:29:31 CST 2012 Server Clock Time: Thu Dec 27 01:29:54 CST 2012

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: s, bq, ce, cd, cf, aw, ar, cg, cq, cu, au, bv, b, u, c, br, bt, h, ad, bw, d, al, bh, ci, a, y, bx, bb, bc, cp, bu, by, cn, bs, at, ct, cb, ch, cs, e, aj, cv, bz, bm, co, bl, bp, bo, j, cc, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 26 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation