Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,861,078

members

964

online

29,463

topics

Top

Error 564

New Poster

Error 564

Error message 564 and state that video is not available. 

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Error 564


scisommers wrote:

Error message 564 and state that video is not available. 


Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

 

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Error 564

I get the same error and it is from all the video streams that are on the comcast home page.  Not any one in particular - it's all of them.   The only difference for me is this is not my home pc.  From there I never get this message.

 

thanks

New Poster

Re: Error 564

Same here...here is my info. Getting error 564 ...cant play a thing

 

My Device Information My Zip Code: 46234 My Cable Provider: Comcast Indianapolis Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Activated My Set Top Box Names: Main Room DVR, Basement DVR My Queue setup: True Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 97.107.171.237 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 17 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/17.0.963.79 Safari/535.11 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.0.60531.0 My flash version: 11.1 R102 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled

Official Employee

Re: Error 564


bjclouse wrote:

Same here...here is my info. Getting error 564 ...cant play a thing

 

My Device Information My Zip Code: 46234 My Cable Provider: Comcast Indianapolis Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Activated My Set Top Box Names: Main Room DVR, Basement DVR My Queue setup: True Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 97.107.171.237 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 17 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/17.0.963.79 Safari/535.11 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.0.60531.0 My flash version: 11.1 R102 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled


What video are you trying to watch? I would like to test it.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Error 564

I initially tried to watch the latest episode of family guy....I also tried other shows with the same error.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Error 564

My Device Information My Zip Code: 98109 My Cable Provider: Comcast Seattle Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Activated My Set Top Box Names: Living Room My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 208.73.31.50 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 17 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/17.0.963.83 Safari/535.11 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: 071706000001 My Silverlight version: 4.0.60831.0 My flash version: 11.1 R102 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Grey-s-Anatomy/5040/2210678109/One-Step-Too-Far/videos

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Grimm/143120/2208588660/Plumed-Serpent/videos

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Private-Practice/96155/2210678041/The-Letting-Go/videos

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Whitney/143129/2213602985/Something-Old%2C-Something-New/videos

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Awake/143128/2210677555/Guilty/videos

 

Most tv shows won't play for me. Will you please assist?

Official Employee

Re: Error 564


ErikaTheRed wrote:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 98109 My Cable Provider: Comcast Seattle Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Activated My Set Top Box Names: Living Room My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 208.73.31.50 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 17 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/17.0.963.83 Safari/535.11 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: 071706000001 My Silverlight version: 4.0.60831.0 My flash version: 11.1 R102 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Grey-s-Anatomy/5040/2210678109/One-Step-Too-Far/videos

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Grimm/143120/2208588660/Plumed-Serpent/videos

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Private-Practice/96155/2210678041/The-Letting-Go/videos

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Whitney/143129/2213602985/Something-Old%2C-Something-New/videos

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Awake/143128/2210677555/Guilty/videos

 

Most tv shows won't play for me. Will you please assist?


Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Error 564

Hi Joe,

I have the same results with both Firefox and IE.

Official Employee

Re: Error 564


ErikaTheRed wrote:

Hi Joe,

I have the same results with both Firefox and IE.


Try completely removing Adobe Flash Player from your computer and then try re-installing it again from here:

 

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

 

Let me know the results.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Error 564

I uninstalled Flash Player and reinstalled it. However Chrome had this message:

Your Google Chrome browser already includes Adobe® Flash® Player built-in. Google Chrome will automatically update when new versions of Flash Player are available.

I'm still having the same problem with IE Firefox and Chrome. No change.

Official Employee

Re: Error 564


ErikaTheRed wrote:

I uninstalled Flash Player and reinstalled it. However Chrome had this message:

Your Google Chrome browser already includes Adobe® Flash® Player built-in. Google Chrome will automatically update when new versions of Flash Player are available.

I'm still having the same problem with IE Firefox and Chrome. No change.


Do you have any anti-virus software installed? If so, try turning off your firewall and ad blockers and try again. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Error 564

Unfortunately this is my work computer. I can't remove firewall or anti-virus. Some of your content does work. I am able to watch a lot of Streampix. It seems the problems I am encountering have to do with your ads. I don't block any content from your site. I did try allowing all pop-ups, but that didn't help.

 

It's weird how some shows work and some don't...

Official Employee

Re: Error 564


ErikaTheRed wrote:

Unfortunately this is my work computer. I can't remove firewall or anti-virus. Some of your content does work. I am able to watch a lot of Streampix. It seems the problems I am encountering have to do with your ads. I don't block any content from your site. I did try allowing all pop-ups, but that didn't help.

 

It's weird how some shows work and some don't...


Most work places set strict firewalls for many reasons but mostly to prevent someone getting a virus and corrupting the whole system. Also, some companies want to try to limit some sites that they do not want their employees using at work.

 

We get content from many different networks who use all different technologies and most have strict policies on how their programs are shown. Streampix is content we have much control over so we run it with no ads. Other videos have ads and these ads are needed to be there. In most cases, it's the only reason why we are allowed to show the content.

 

I am sorry but it sounds you are probably getting tangled up in the firewall. Most customers who have had this similar problem before get blocked from the site completely so I am surprised you can even get half way through.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Error 564

Hi,

Your site isn't blocked specifically by our firewall. They don't let us see Hulu or Netflix but have no problem with Xfinity. Most streampix vids work for me but not all. So, it can't just be the ads. I can watch Survivor, but I can't watch Grey's anatomy, unless it's one of the first few on Streampix.

 

Being that I can watch maybe a 3rd of your content, I don't think it is likely an issue on my end. Also. I have been watching Xfinity from work since it's inception. It is only as of the last few months since I first reported a problem that there has been a problem. Last year it was the premium channels that wouldn't work even though I have a subscription. Now it's 2/3s of regular content. I can give you a list of what does and what doesn't work. There has got to be something on your end that is fixable. 564 kills me. The other errors that do pop up always have a work around.

Official Employee

Re: Error 564


ErikaTheRed wrote:

Hi,

Your site isn't blocked specifically by our firewall. They don't let us see Hulu or Netflix but have no problem with Xfinity. Most streampix vids work for me but not all. So, it can't just be the ads. I can watch Survivor, but I can't watch Grey's anatomy, unless it's one of the first few on Streampix.

 

Being that I can watch maybe a 3rd of your content, I don't think it is likely an issue on my end. Also. I have been watching Xfinity from work since it's inception. It is only as of the last few months since I first reported a problem that there has been a problem. Last year it was the premium channels that wouldn't work even though I have a subscription. Now it's 2/3s of regular content. I can give you a list of what does and what doesn't work. There has got to be something on your end that is fixable. 564 kills me. The other errors that do pop up always have a work around.


Have you tried watching these videos at home or on another network?

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Error 564

I haven't since these issues have been popping up. Good question. I'll check it out.

 

Thanks.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 1179 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation