Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,843,947

members

643

online

36,489

topics

Top

Error 563 564 Issue is HULU content NOT IE Browser Silverlight Adobe Flash issue!!

Frequent Visitor

Error 563 564 Issue is HULU content NOT IE Browser Silverlight Adobe Flash issue!!

 

I have:

Cleared IE Cache

Cleared and Reset IE back to factory settings

Removed and re-installed Silverlight

Removed and Re-installed Adobe Flash

Removed and Upgraded AdobeFlash from 10 to 11

Tried different computers

Installed Firefox

Upgraded IE 7 to IE 8

 

I work in IT and an am Microsoft and Citrix certified.

I know how to troubleshoot a browser issue.

 

This is not a browser issue.

 

NOTHING is working

 

It appears that it is specific networks - ABC, NBC and CBS - in particular that continue to fail.

 

The video files are not available is the error notification - not your web browser is having trouble.....

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Error 564 - Unable to view videos - particularly ABC, NBC and CBS


DJinks wrote:

 

I have:

Cleared IE Cache

Cleared and Reset IE back to factory settings

Removed and re-installed Silverlight

Removed and Re-installed Adobe Flash

Removed and Upgraded AdobeFlash from 10 to 11

Tried different computers

Installed Firefox

Upgraded IE 7 to IE 8

 

I work in IT and an am Microsoft and Citrix certified.

I know how to troubleshoot a browser issue.

 

This is not a browser issue.

 

NOTHING is working

 

It appears that it is specific networks - ABC, NBC and CBS - in particular that continue to fail.

 

The video files are not available is the error notification - not your web browser is having trouble.....


The videos not working for you are Flash videos. Something is blocking Flash videos from playing.

 

Try disabling all ad blocking add-ons in your browser than try again. If it still does not work, try disabling all ad blocking ads through your anti-virus software (if you are using one).

 

Let me know the results.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Error 564 - Unable to view videos - particularly ABC, NBC and CBS

 

Not the problem and not the resolution.

 

I am able to play Absolutely Fabulous on the BBC America

I am able to play Undercover Boss on CBS

I am able to play The Talk on CBS

 

I am not able to play Celebrity Appren. on NBC 

 

Again, it is random - and seems to be mainly the major networks for me.

I stated that as I know troubleshooting something like this - every instance or variable is vital and can lead to a resolution.

 

I have noticed on the lower left corner of my IE browser window, "Done" will populate almost immeditely.

 

On "The Good Wife" the video continued to fail to start, but I continued to just hit refresh over and over and over and over again ...... and finally I am able to get the video to start.

 

I have had the same luck in the past as well.

 

The fact the behavior COMES and GOES is evidence it is NOT a local PC / Browser issue.

 

It appears to be a true streaming issue from your server.

 

 

Official Employee

Re: Error 564 - Unable to view videos - particularly ABC, NBC and CBS


DJinks wrote:

 

Not the problem and not the resolution.

 

I am able to play Absolutely Fabulous on the BBC America

I am able to play Undercover Boss on CBS

I am able to play The Talk on CBS

 

I am not able to play Celebrity Appren. on NBC 

 

Again, it is random - and seems to be mainly the major networks for me.

I stated that as I know troubleshooting something like this - every instance or variable is vital and can lead to a resolution.

 

I have noticed on the lower left corner of my IE browser window, "Done" will populate almost immeditely.

 

On "The Good Wife" the video continued to fail to start, but I continued to just hit refresh over and over and over and over again ...... and finally I am able to get the video to start.

 

I have had the same luck in the past as well.

 

The fact the behavior COMES and GOES is evidence it is NOT a local PC / Browser issue.

 

It appears to be a true streaming issue from your server.

 

 


So it is just specific to content we recieve from Hulu.

 

Have you tried disabling any ad-blocking add-ons or software?

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Error 564 - Unable to view videos - particularly ABC, NBC and CBS

 

 

If you are streaming from Hulu - that makes ALLLLLLL the freaking sense in the world.

 

How can I tell what content is from where?

 

I have been randomly checking all different shows and like I stated, sometimes I can hit refresh and get the video to play - but the success rate on this is not good.   Hit or miss, and I have only been successful once today so far.

 

Please share how I can determine where the content is generated from.

 

Silverlight is working - rightclicking on the video (once you get it to play) will show the Silverlight button you can click on for the Silverlight settings...

 

Right clicking once you get the video to play will populate the context menu with Adobe Flash at the bottom of it.....

 

So I know for certain my Silverlight and Flash are working.

 

Now let's attack the streaming Hulu issue .......

Official Employee

Re: Error 564 - Unable to view videos - particularly ABC, NBC and CBS


DJinks wrote:

 

 

If you are streaming from Hulu - that makes ALLLLLLL the freaking sense in the world.

 

How can I tell what content is from where?

 

I have been randomly checking all different shows and like I stated, sometimes I can hit refresh and get the video to play - but the success rate on this is not good.   Hit or miss, and I have only been successful once today so far.

 

Please share how I can determine where the content is generated from.

 

Silverlight is working - rightclicking on the video (once you get it to play) will show the Silverlight button you can click on for the Silverlight settings...

 

Right clicking once you get the video to play will populate the context menu with Adobe Flash at the bottom of it.....

 

So I know for certain my Silverlight and Flash are working.

 

Now let's attack the streaming Hulu issue .......


If you start a video and see a Hulu logo under the video to the left hand side, you know it's from Hulu.

 

I am testing some Hulu content and am having no issues. Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

 

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Error 564 - Unable to view videos - particularly ABC, NBC and CBS

My Device Information

My Zip Code: 19103 My Cable Provider: Comcast Philadelphia Area 1 Digital My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: My public IP address: 50.58.14.5 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 7 - Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0E; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.0.61118.0 My flash version: 11.1 r102 Javascript&colon; <script type="text/javascript"></script> enabled Cookies: enabled
 

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Family-Guy/7716/2199017654/Tom-Tucker%3A-The-Man-and-His-Dream/video...

 

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/The-Apprentice/93269/2193881719/The-Biggest-Season-Ever/videos

Frequent Visitor

Re: Error 564 - Unable to view videos - particularly ABC, NBC and CBS

 

I do not see the Hulu logo that you speak of.

 

I also was able to take "The Good Wife"  which typically takes a very long time to load, and multiple page refreshes are required to get the video to start - and by copying the address into a new IE browser tab - BOTH pages began to play the video file - weird

Official Employee

Re: Error 564 - Unable to view videos - particularly ABC, NBC and CBS


DJinks wrote:

 

I do not see the Hulu logo that you speak of.

 

I also was able to take "The Good Wife"  which typically takes a very long time to load, and multiple page refreshes are required to get the video to start - and by copying the address into a new IE browser tab - BOTH pages began to play the video file - weird


The Good Wife is a CBS show which comes from its own source but Family Guy and The Apprentice are from Hulu.

 

Have you tried disabling any ad-blocking add-ons or software?

 

When you tried different browsers, were you getting the same error messages?

 

When you tried different computers, were you on the same network? Was it on a wireless network?

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Error 564 - Unable to view videos - particularly ABC, NBC and CBS

i see where you are going.....

 

Yes, I tried different computers, same error

Tried different browsers, on different computers, same error

 

Tell me how to determine what content is from what provider please.

 

The computers do not have any ad-blocking software

 

I am not certain why you ask this, please explain - as when I start other shows I see ads prior to the show starting

 

And the randomness of the issue - last week it worked, then it stopped.....

 

 

Official Employee

Re: Error 564 - Unable to view videos - particularly ABC, NBC and CBS


DJinks wrote:

i see where you are going.....

 

Yes, I tried different computers, same error

Tried different browsers, on different computers, same error

 

Tell me how to determine what content is from what provider please.

 

The computers do not have any ad-blocking software

 

I am not certain why you ask this, please explain - as when I start other shows I see ads prior to the show starting

 

And the randomness of the issue - last week it worked, then it stopped.....

 

 


Most popular Hulu content we provide is NBC, ABC, and Fox programming.

 

Have you tested all of these different computers on the same network? If you are on a wireless set-up for example, there could be a router setting blocking this content from playing.

 

Are you masking your IP address? Are you using a proxy website to get to xfinitytv.com?

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Error 564 - Unable to view videos - particularly ABC, NBC and CBS

 

I am at work - on a corporate network in which I have no doubt much is being blocked.

 

xFinity is the only streaming site I can get to and watch.

 

Otherwise i have to purchase and download content from iTunes on my iPad with my 3g account.

 

The randomness is what is weird - it works, then it doesnt work....so something is up.

 

 

 

 

Official Employee

Re: Error 564 - Unable to view videos - particularly ABC, NBC and CBS


DJinks wrote:

 

I am at work - on a corporate network in which I have no doubt much is being blocked.

 

xFinity is the only streaming site I can get to and watch.

 

Otherwise i have to purchase and download content from iTunes on my iPad with my 3g account.

 

The randomness is what is weird - it works, then it doesnt work....so something is up.

 

 


If other streaming sites are blocked, it makes me think that this is the reason why Hulu content is not working. Sometimes you can get though the firewall but not always.

 

We get our content from all different sources using all different technologies so that may be why some are working and some are not.

 

If there is a way to contact your IT team you can ask them if they recently rolled out new security restrictions or such. You can tell them that sites you use to frequent you no longer have access to.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Error 564 - Unable to view videos - particularly ABC, NBC and CBS

 

I work for said IT team

It's not going to happen - our filters may look like swiss cheese?

 

Thanks for the assistance with narrowing my problem down - it appears the randomness is caused by what source my requested video pulls from on any given day.

 

Thank you again

 

 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 3025 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation