Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Error 560

Regular Visitor

Error 560

I keep getting error 560 when I attempt to play movies or tv online.  I have watched multiple movies (horse whisperer, ghost rider, the vow), first I received error code 572.  I uninstalled Adobe Flash Player, I unistaled Silverlight player, reinstalled both using suggested links found in the forum.  Then I restarted.  I received error code 573.  I repeated uninstalling and reinstalling both players and restarted.  Now I received error 560, I have for the third time tonight uninstalled then reinstalled both players.  I have used links from the forum twice, and used links to the players I found myself once.  I am using a public internet connection to access the site. 

Here is the device information you might need:

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 64.134.186.98 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; BRI/2; .NET4.0C) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.4 r402 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (149 Bytes) Time Information My Clock Time: Mon Oct 8 20:12:26 CDT 2012 Server Clock Time: Mon Oct 8 20:11:58 CDT 2012

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Error 560

Rita2012 wrote:

I keep getting error 560 when I attempt to play movies or tv online.  I have watched multiple movies (horse whisperer, ghost rider, the vow), first I received error code 572.  I uninstalled Adobe Flash Player, I unistaled Silverlight player, reinstalled both using suggested links found in the forum.  Then I restarted.  I received error code 573.  I repeated uninstalling and reinstalling both players and restarted.  Now I received error 560, I have for the third time tonight uninstalled then reinstalled both players.  I have used links from the forum twice, and used links to the players I found myself once.  I am using a public internet connection to access the site. 

Here is the device information you might need:

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 64.134.186.98 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; BRI/2; .NET4.0C) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.4 r402 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (149 Bytes)

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Also, when you said "I have watched multiple movies (horse whisperer, ghost rider, the vow), first I received error code 572" does this mean that these videos once worked and now they don't or that these are just the videos you tried to watch and got an error message?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I have tried using Google Chrome and it still gave me the 560 error message.

The videos never played.  When I first attempted to watch horse whisperer I received error code 572.  Then when I did the uninstall/reinstall of adobe flash player and silverlight I attempted horse whisperer again and received code 573.  Uninstall/reinstalled the players.  Attempted Horse Whisperer again, got error 560.  I started trying other movies then (ghost rider, the vow) and now I continue to get only the 560 error code.   But I have not been able to watch any videos whatsoever.

Don't know if this could affect it, but I am currently using a hotel's free wifi to get online in another part of the state...I don't see how that would cause an error, but I have been able to watch videos on this computer in the past while in town (a few months ago).

Official Employee

Rita2012 wrote:

I have tried using Google Chrome and it still gave me the 560 error message.

The videos never played.  When I first attempted to watch horse whisperer I received error code 572.  Then when I did the uninstall/reinstall of adobe flash player and silverlight I attempted horse whisperer again and received code 573.  Uninstall/reinstalled the players.  Attempted Horse Whisperer again, got error 560.  I started trying other movies then (ghost rider, the vow) and now I continue to get only the 560 error code.   But I have not been able to watch any videos whatsoever.

Don't know if this could affect it, but I am currently using a hotel's free wifi to get online in another part of the state...I don't see how that would cause an error, but I have been able to watch videos on this computer in the past while in town (a few months ago).

The issue is just happening for Silverlight videos it sounds like. It may have to do with your connection you are on but you would have to test another connection to make sure.

Have these videos worked before on another connection?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

They worked for me in the past (about two months ago), I was on my connection at home at that time.  I believe I had an older version of silverlight then which has been updated now (during all those uninstall/reinstalls I did). 

Official Employee

Rita2012 wrote:

They worked for me in the past (about two months ago), I was on my connection at home at that time.  I believe I had an older version of silverlight then which has been updated now (during all those uninstall/reinstalls I did). 

Are you in the USA? I ask because we do not have the rights to stream content internationally. If you are physically located outside of the United States, you will be unable to watch videos on our site. Sometimes you will see this messaging and other times you will get error codes.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Definitely in the USA, so that's not the issue.

Official Employee

Rita2012 wrote:

Definitely in the USA, so that's not the issue.

Is there anyway you could try another wireless network besides the one in your hotel? It may be a firewall that is blocking videos from playing. Hotels usually have strict firewall and anti-virus settings.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation