Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Error 5084

New Poster

Error 5084

Hi, I was watching one of my shows just fine, and I left my computer open for a bit and then returned to finish the episode. However, when I tried to play it, it only played for about 1 minute and then this error message came up saying, "This video cannot be played," and had the error number of 5084. Please help!

New Poster

Error message 5084

When watching shows or movies it will play for a few seconds then give me an error message 5084.  I can watch live tv streaming and it's fine.  I have google chrome.  Hope someone can help.  It used to play just fine, don't know what happened.

New Poster

error 5084

what do i do ? is saying no longer available !

New Poster

Re: Error message 5084

I am getting this error message too.... help please

New Poster

error 5084

Why all of the sudden I can't watch on line error 5084 keeps coming up

New Poster

Error 5084

What does error 5084 mean trying to catch up with a show on my computer. 

Please fix. 

New Poster

Re: Error 5084

Same with me. I think something went down on their end. Seeing other posts with this error as well.

New Poster

seriously comcast, this is obviuosly an issue so fix it! watching shows worked yesterday, now they don't. 

New Poster

Considering it probably just happened within the last last 30min...I assume they are working on it

New Poster

Error 5084 Can't watch anything

I came back to a paused movie and resumed it. It had played for about 3 minutes then an error screen popped up reporting error code 5084. What the heck is this? I know it has to be on Comcast' side because I have restarted my browser, checked other browsers, restarted my computer, and tried from wifi and ethernet. No settings were changed previous to that error either.

Using a Mac with OS X Mavericks and watching on Safari (Got same issue with Chrome)

I guess NETFLIX will do for now.

Drew H

New Poster

Error message 5048

I was watching a show on line and then the whole video and audio froze up and I received the error message #5048. Now after turning to this forum I see that it is not just me, so I assume that Comcast is working on the problem.

New Poster

Re: Error 5084 Can't watch anything

Now it's magically fixed. Thanks for the interrupted service Comcast.

Regular Visitor

I seriously hope so. Because there always seem to be some type of issue with Comcast/Xfinity online that pops-up out of nowhere; and it has long past being "old."

Official Employee

Hi all,

This is a known issue that are team is working on right now. I will update this thread when I learn more.

Videos should now be playing without any issues but we are still looking into this.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

error message 5084

im geth my video please helpting a message 5084 and i cant watc

New Poster

mines still not working

Regular Visitor

Yaay they fixed it!

Official Employee

repro wrote:

mines still not working

What video are you trying to watch that is still giving you Error 5084?

Hi all,

This issue lasted from about 12:40 PM EST to 1:00 PM EST and you should no longer be seeing it.

Sorry and thanks for your patience,

Joe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I still cannot watch anything...error 5084 still comes up

New Poster

Just happened again....

New Poster

I'm still getting this error on Doctor Who season 3 episode 12, "The Sound of Drums."

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Doctor-Who/4876326581887402112/12559427512/The-Sound-Of-Drums/vid...

N/A

Im having this issue right now for the first time today, mine has worked all morning until now

New Poster

I am also still getting this issue. It seems to happen with any tv show I click on. 

New Poster

getting the same issue currently for Teen Wolf Season 1 "Co-Captain"

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Teen-Wolf/4776749023925069112/70296643514/Co-Captain/videos

Was litterally working perfectly and mid show just stopped playing saying error 5084.

Have tried refreshing and even closing browser and reopening, still causing error message.

New Poster

It happens with any video! 

New Poster

It's 2:55 and mine just did it as well. I tried other movies and they did the same thing. The one I was watching played for 5 mins before giving me the error. Now they all give it immediately. 

Classic Comcast. 

Regular Visitor

Error 5084

I am also receiving the Error 5084 message. Anyone know what is going on or when it will be fixed?

New Poster

Mine did the same thing about 2 hours ago, then everything was fine now I have the same error again! Come on Comcast-get it together, fix your errors!

New Poster

what is error 5084?

What is error 5084 and how do I fix it on a mac?

New Poster

I was watching a show, when something came up. I paused the program for about 10 min. and when i came back there was a error code and I am now unable to watch any of the shows now.

New Poster

Still going on here...  Now 2pm CST.

New Poster

im getting error 5084 on most of the shows ive been watching today it will play normally until the second commercial then the error code shows and i switch to a different show and try again later its rather annoying 

New Poster

this error is still an issue with me, when i was watching shows just fine last night 

New Poster

Same issue here for me. Everything was working fine until 10 minutes ago. 

Frequent Visitor

i have been trying to watch anything for about 20 minutes now and nothing is working...it just keeps saying ERROR 5084

New Poster

5084!!!!!!!

what do i do ? is saying no longer available !

half way through (  evil dead)  it stops!!!

help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Poster

Error message

Trying to watch a TV show online and keep getting Error 5084.  Does anyone know what this means?

New Poster

Same error, on multiple browsers, for the last 20 minutes now.

New Poster

Watched 99% of a show in my watchlist ..right at the end received error 5084.Tried a few other shows same error 

New Poster

COMCAST... IT IS STILL NOT FIXED. Every show  I try to watch results in the same Error message, 5084.

New Poster

What does error 5084 mean trying to catch up with a show on my computer. 

Please fix. 

New Poster

Mine's also giving me Error 5084 on all videos, live streaming, etc.  It's 3:11 EST and it's been going on for over 30 min now.

Regular Visitor

stop complaining god when it doesn't go you way just be paitent . It does not kill you to wait.

New Poster

Hey there...

It doesn't matter what I try to watch, everything results in Error 5084 Smiley Sad

Frequent Visitor

comcastjoe help ussss. i just want to watch movies and procrastinate studying for finals

Tags (1)
New Poster

error message 5084

I was watching online and now am unable to view any shows.  I keep getting error code 5084.

New Poster

Hi Joe 

error is still happening at 3:00pm 12/19/13

N/A

lol the point of this forum is for people to voice their problems and concerns ..... I think youre the one who needs to find something else to do

New Poster

Still happening

New Poster

Sorry, Band of Brothers S1|E5 "Band of Brothers 05 (HBO)" is currently unavailable.

(Error 5084)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels