Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Error 500 can not retrieve recordings from DVR

Frequent Visitor

Error 500 can not retrieve recordings from DVR

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000295 EndHTML:000046559 StartFragment:000036479 EndFragment:000046410 StartSelection:000036835 EndSelection:000046386 SourceURL:http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/Error-500-when-trying-to-stream-recordings-to-la...: Error 500 when trying to stream recordings to ... - Xfinity Help and Support Forums

Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 3 of 3
1 View

I am getting the same error message for 4 days now. After speaking to useless support people who ask for my name, address, account # MORE THAN ONCE then they say I need an Advance Support agent and on hold for over 30mins. only to have the same person ask me again for my name, address and account # again.... then aske me to disconnect reconnect my modem/DVR for the 5th time... still no joy then they tell me I need one of the engineering dpt agents to call me and they never do.... now going on 5 days without streaming from DVR to my laptop.... and before all this happened.... it worked perfectly! I get no help from Comcast at all just empty promises that SOMEONE WILL CALL YOU...... and no calls! after 4 days I don't have any faith in comcast at all. No one wants to help me solve this situation and changing my browser won't help either. why after more than half a year did this service stop? they have iCloud problems with the DVR service and they won't admitt it! Anyway.... I'm ready to cance services if I don't get help! My wife likes AT&T anyways so I don't see why I shouldn't switch since they can't help me! I am amost ready if someone can't fix this problem soon!

Comcast error.jpg

Frequent Visitor

Re: Error 500 can not retrieve recordings from DVR

now this is still not resolved and I am thinking of returning the DVR because if I can't stream the recordings to my laptop then what's the use of the DVR .......... I can use On Demand for that purpose. Comcast now will not talk to me and I even wrote a private message to ComcastDan to reply and still NOTHING. I know it's the Memorial Day weekend but I have no service with my DVR and not one call comes to me after numerous tickets from customer service were written and hours on the phone and just pass off the problem to the engeniring dept that never calls me back to fix the problem........ I'm ready to down size my services. I live in a community that gets basic cable for free and all I want is internet so I seriously thinking of down grading my services because no one will help with my problem. How many times must I call and in the end they pass off the problem to someone else that never solves the problem of fixing XfinityStream of my DVR recordings that never show up on the website! Now going on 6 days with out the service! 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Error 500 can not retrieve recordings from DVR

it is now 12 days without being able to view my recordings from my DVR and the advanced team keeps changing stories on why an engineer doesn't help me fix a setting to allow my to stream from DVR to laptop on XfinityStream TV website! I am reduced to use OnDemand which defeats the purpose of having a DVR. I'm ready to return the DVR. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation