Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Error 4013 and the like

New Poster

Error 4013 and the like

I was in the middle of watching an episode and suddenly it crashed, displaying first "error 8006" and upon refreshing the page, "error 4013". Now, on your customer support page it does indeed list how to fix an 800x error, but I've no idea how to fix error 4-thousand and something...HELP! 
(First-world problems, eh?)

New Poster

Re: Error 4013 and the like

NEVER MIND, and also, COMPLETELY DISREGARD! 

For some unbeknownst reason or quirk of the interwebs, 8 exact minutes after the problem began, the page has begun working again. Call it what you will...late heebie-jeebies of the wire, one of those adorable things that makes us curse the technology we are altogether too dependent on into its very grave, or some disruption caused by villains wanting to upload souls into the internet mainframe as a life-farm for their evil alien overlord (thank you, Steven Moffat); I say just wait 8 minutes. Every time. 8 minutes. HA! 

And if this was the work of you magical support people: I salute you. 

Official Employee

Re: Error 4013 and the like

ameliavaage wrote:

NEVER MIND, and also, COMPLETELY DISREGARD! 

For some unbeknownst reason or quirk of the interwebs, 8 exact minutes after the problem began, the page has begun working again. Call it what you will...late heebie-jeebies of the wire, one of those adorable things that makes us curse the technology we are altogether too dependent on into its very grave, or some disruption caused by villains wanting to upload souls into the internet mainframe as a life-farm for their evil alien overlord (thank you, Steven Moffat); I say just wait 8 minutes. Every time. 8 minutes. HA! 

And if this was the work of you magical support people: I salute you. 

There was a unplanned outage at this time and only last a few minutes.

I am sorry for the disruption. Our team has found the root cause of this issue and are currently working on ways to prevent this issue from happening in the future.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation