Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Error 400 for all XFinity Watch Now (on PC) content

New Poster

Error 400 for all XFinity Watch Now (on PC) content

Hello, I'm signed in and have access to all my content, in theory, but when I try to play anything, I get "error 400".  This happens on two different PCs with IE9 and the latest Flash.  I have no trouble playing other flash content or accessing other parts of XFinity or Comcast.

This has persisted for at least a week. Please fix this.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
Cable Expert

Re: Error 400 for all XFinity Watch Now (on PC) content

Comcast uses Microsoft Silverlight, so to check the version of Silverlight cut and paste all information that shows up when you launch this LINK   and try troubleshooting tips at this LINK

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks for the reply.  Sure thing, here's the output from that site... (note I use a CableCARD not a set top box which is why the myDVR Manager and Set Top Box Names are unknown).  Any help is greatly appreciated!

My Device Information

My Zip Code: 98033

My Cable Provider: Unknown

My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown

My Set Top Box Names: Unknown

My Queue setup: False

Facebook Queue Syncing: false

Facebook Connect: False

My public IP address: 98.232.103.150

My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1

My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; MAAU; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; Zune 4.7; MAAU)

My system type: Desktop computer or other device

My Move player version: 071706000001

My Silverlight version: 4.0.60831.0

My flash version: 11.0 r1

Javascript; enabled

Cookies: enabled

New Poster

Update: it seems to be only HBO content which I have to login for that isn't working.  I am able to view non-protected content.  I tried unisntalling and re-installing Silverlight and clearing my cache and cookies.  No luck.  Again, this is happening on multiple machines.

Official Employee

orbsitron,

Try using a different web browser like Firefox or Chrome 14 and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Also, what HBO videos are you trying to watch? I ask because we have been having some issues with Big Love season 5, episode 10 which we are fixing shortly.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

The issue turned out to be that I have two user names associated with my account and somehow the provisioning is only enabled on one.  When I logged in with my other username, it worked.

Thanks!

New Poster

Hi Joe,

I have been having this same problem.  Sometimes it works, other times I get the Error 400  message.  It happens with all of the shows I have tried to watch (Homeland, Boardwalk Empire, etc.).  Some people suggested the trick about redownloading Microsoft Sliverlight, but that doesn't always work either.  Neither does switching browsers.  Any other suggestions?

Thank you!!

Official Employee

djohnson529 wrote:

Hi Joe,

I have been having this same problem.  Sometimes it works, other times I get the Error 400  message.  It happens with all of the shows I have tried to watch (Homeland, Boardwalk Empire, etc.).  Some people suggested the trick about redownloading Microsoft Sliverlight, but that doesn't always work either.  Neither does switching browsers.  Any other suggestions?

Thank you!!

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Re: Error 400 for all XFinity Watch Now (on PC) content and Iphone

My Zip Code:30101My Cable Provider:ComcastMy myDVR Manager Status:activatedMy Set Top Box NamesVR 1My Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:falseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:204.77.225.194My operating system:Windows - Windows NT 5.1My web browser:Explorer 8 - Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB7.2; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; BRI/2)My system typeesktop computer or other deviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:4.0.60831.0My flash version:11.1 r102Javascript:enabled

Cookies:enabled

Official Employee

atlraider wrote:

My Zip Code:30101My Cable Provider:ComcastMy myDVR Manager Status:activatedMy Set Top Box NamesVR 1My Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:falseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:204.77.225.194My operating system:Windows - Windows NT 5.1My web browser:Explorer 8 - Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB7.2; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; BRI/2)My system typeesktop computer or other deviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:4.0.60831.0My flash version:11.1 r102Javascript:enabled

Cookies:enabled

Try updating your Silverlight Player to version 5 here:

www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight

If the Silverlight update does not work, try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Thank you for your prompt response. I figured out the problem. We never use our Comcast.net email, not even to pay our bill, we use another email address to log in which used to allow us to watch videos. So once I found out the Comcast.net username I was able to log in and view the videos on all my devices.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation