Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,857,933

members

1,366

online

30,049

topics

Top

Error 3222

Frequent Visitor

Error 3222

I have been trying to watch a movie or a show (I have tried numerous), but I always get an error message. I am using Google Chrome to watch Xfinity online. I have tried different movies and shows, and every time when the error message comes up, I reload the page. I was able to watch an episode of "Once Upon a Time" yesterday, so I don't understand why nothing is working today.

 

Any advice?

Official Employee

Re: Error 3222


lheureuxct wrote:

I have been trying to watch a movie or a show (I have tried numerous), but I always get an error message. I am using Google Chrome to watch Xfinity online. I have tried different movies and shows, and every time when the error message comes up, I reload the page. I was able to watch an episode of "Once Upon a Time" yesterday, so I don't understand why nothing is working today.

 

Any advice?


Since Once Upon a Time works and is a Flash video, the issue may be with your Silverlight Player.

 

Try completely uninstalling than reinstall Silverlight and then try watching videos again. Go here for step-by-step instructions:

 

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/help/technical-support/xfinity-tv-player/#silverlight-reinstall

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Error 3222

I tried unistalling and then reinstalling Silverlight, but I still got the same error 3222 message when I tried to watch anything other than Once Upon a Time. Any other advice? Thanks for helping!

Official Employee

Re: Error 3222


lheureuxct wrote:

I tried unistalling and then reinstalling Silverlight, but I still got the same error 3222 message when I tried to watch anything other than Once Upon a Time. Any other advice? Thanks for helping!


Please try these steps and tell us if the error still occurs:

 

  1. Clear your browser’s cache
  2. Clear your browser’s cookies
  3. Restart your browser
  4. Attempt to re-watch the same video that was previously resulting in an error.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Error 3222

I tried your suggestion....but I still got the same error message. Any other ideas?

 

  Thanks for trying to help!

Official Employee

Re: Error 3222


lheureuxct wrote:

I tried your suggestion....but I still got the same error message. Any other ideas?

 

  Thanks for trying to help!


Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

 

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that are not working for you.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Error 3222

My Device Information

My Zip Code:Unknown 06320

My Cable Provider:Unknown

My myDVR Manager Status:Unknown

My Set Top Box Names:Unknown

My Queue setup:False

Facebook Queue Syncing:False

Facebook Connect:False

My public IP address:136.244.83.134

My operating system:Windows - Undefined  Windows 7

My web browser:Chrome 16 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/535.7 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/16.0.912.77 Safari/535.7  I use Google Chrome

My system typeesktop Computer Or Other Device  Laptop

My Move player version:Not Installed

My Silverlight version:5.0.61118.0

My flash version:11.1 R102

Javascript:Enabled

Cookies:Enabled

 

These are a few of the links I unsuccessfully tried today...

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/movies/Zookeeper/153782/2180272483/Zookeeper/videos

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/True-Blood/97877/2080888396/True-Blood-43-%28HBO%29/videos

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Hoarders/105403/2190876539/Joanne-Kristi/videos

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Friends/8356/2191254697/One-With-All-the-Jealousy%2C-The/videos

 

However, I found this one that DOES work...

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/movies/The-Black-Stallion-Returns/30504/1690391893/The-Black-Stallion-R...

Official Employee

Re: Error 3222


lheureuxct wrote:

My Device Information

My Zip Code:Unknown 06320

My Cable Provider:Unknown

My myDVR Manager Status:Unknown

My Set Top Box Names:Unknown

My Queue setup:False

Facebook Queue Syncing:False

Facebook Connect:False

My public IP address:136.244.83.134

My operating system:Windows - Undefined  Windows 7

My web browser:Chrome 16 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/535.7 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/16.0.912.77 Safari/535.7  I use Google Chrome

My system typeesktop Computer Or Other Device  Laptop

My Move player version:Not Installed

My Silverlight version:5.0.61118.0

My flash version:11.1 R102

Javascript:Enabled

Cookies:Enabled

 

These are a few of the links I unsuccessfully tried today...

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/movies/Zookeeper/153782/2180272483/Zookeeper/videos

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/True-Blood/97877/2080888396/True-Blood-43-%28HBO%29/videos

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Hoarders/105403/2190876539/Joanne-Kristi/videos

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Friends/8356/2191254697/One-With-All-the-Jealousy%2C-The/videos

 

However, I found this one that DOES work...

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/movies/The-Black-Stallion-Returns/30504/1690391893/The-Black-Stallion-R...


It's still just Silverlight videos it seems like. I cannot duplicate this issue with the videos you posted and The Black Stallion is a Flash video.

 

Try using Mozilla Firefox and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Error 3222

I will try Firefox and let you know what happens...

 

I was talking to a friend who is having a similar problem (she uses Safari), and the only potential problem we could think of is the fact that our network uses Cisco NAC Agent. Do you think that might be causing the error message?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Error 3222

I still got the same error message using Firefox

Official Employee

Re: Error 3222


lheureuxct wrote:

I still got the same error message using Firefox


Do you have any anti-virus software installed on your computer?

 

If so, make sure you are allowing Silverlight and Xfinitytv.com to pass through your firewall.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1050 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation