Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Error 3050

ANSWERED
New Poster

Error 3050

I get towards the end of Unstopable and the online feed cuts off for an error 3050.  What is going on???

Accepted Solution

Re: Error 3050

Hi all,

We’ve identified the source of the issue and are working rapidly to replace all affected videos.  Some of the affected videos have already been replaced, so if you were having an issue, please try the video again.  Some customers will see positive results sooner than others and we will let you know when all videos have been fixed.

We understand how frustrating this has been for our customers and are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.  Our team has been working tirelessly to identify the source of the error, which turned out to be particularly difficult to locate.  We truly appreciate your patience.  

NOTE: I am going to mark this post as a solution even though the issue is not resolved yet. Why? It seems like customers are finding this thread and not seeing this message. Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

View answer in context
Tags (1)
New Poster

Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 3050)

I started getting this error message (Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 3050)) for the past 2 days on different videos.

My Device Information

My Zip Code: 94085

My Cable Provider: Comcast Sunnyvale

Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Activated

My Set Top Box Names: Living Room

My Queue setup: True Facebook

Queue Syncing: False

Facebook Connect: True My public IP address: 24.6.156.122

My operating system: Windows - Undefined

My web browser:

Chrome 17 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/17.0.963.56 Safari/535.11

My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device

My Move player version: Not Installed

My Silverlight version: 5.0.61118.0

My flash version: 11.1 R102

Javascript: Enabled

Cookies: Enabled

Any ideas what is causing that problem? Thanks

Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

Error 3050

Getting error message 3050 when watching "The Killing". Error occurs with both IE and Chrome.

Tags (1)
New Poster

Error 3050

I was watching an episode of The Wire online and the video stops playing at a certain point and says error 3050. I restarted the show and it stopped at the same point.

Official Employee

kp1322 wrote:

I was watching an episode of The Wire online and the video stops playing at a certain point and says error 3050. I restarted the show and it stopped at the same point.

What specific episode of the Wire are you trying to watch?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

My Device Information

My Zip Code: Unknown

My Cable Provider: Unknown

My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown

My Set Top Box Names: Unknown

My Queue setup: False

Facebook Queue Syncing: False

Facebook Connect: False

My public IP address: 76.100.60.106

My web browser: Chrome 18 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.168 Safari/535.19

My Move player version: 071706000001

My Silverlight version: 4.1.10111.0

My flash version: 11.2 R202

Javascript:Enabled

Problem has not occured during playback of any other show.

Official Employee

jbedinger wrote:

My Device Information

My Zip Code: Unknown

My Cable Provider: Unknown

My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown

My Set Top Box Names: Unknown

My Queue setup: False

Facebook Queue Syncing: False

Facebook Connect: False

My public IP address: 76.100.60.106

My web browser: Chrome 18 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.168 Safari/535.19

My Move player version: 071706000001

My Silverlight version: 4.1.10111.0

My flash version: 11.2 R202

Javascript:Enabled

Problem has not occured during playback of any other show.

Try completely uninstalling Silverlight then try installing it again. Go here for step-by-step instructions:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/help/technical-support/xfinity-tv-player/#silverlight-reinstall

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

error 3050

I keep getting an error 3050 in the middle of Game of Thrones, Season 2, Ep 4

Tags (1)
Official Employee

5813 wrote:

I get towards the end of Unstopable and the online feed cuts off for an error 3050.  What is going on???

Does it keep cutting off at the same spot? If so, do you know the mintue/second it happens?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

1:18:06.  I was watching the same movie last night and it kept cutting off at the exact same point.  Just tried it again and once again it cut off.  I get either error 571 or 3050.

Official Employee

AubeeM wrote:

1:18:06.  I was watching the same movie last night and it kept cutting off at the exact same point.  Just tried it again and once again it cut off.  I get either error 571 or 3050.

Thank you. I can duplicate this and our team is currently looking into it. I will update you when I learn more.

Earlier when I tested it, I fast forwarded through the part and the ending played fine. You can manually jump to that spot to watch the rest of the movie as a workaround for now.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

It was the same time each and everytime.  When Will gets ready to sit down to take over the engines controls.

New Poster

I'm getting error 3050 as I'm watching the newest Mad Men episode, it cuts off near the beginning every time I try to watch it.

Official Employee

shaneaandnick wrote:

I'm getting error 3050 as I'm watching the newest Mad Men episode, it cuts off near the beginning every time I try to watch it.

Do other episodes of Mad Men work for you?

Exactly how far into the episode is it cutting off at?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Yes, the other episodes all work, Commission and Fees cuts out at 7:29.

Thanks!

Shanea

New Poster

I'm having the same issue with the latest episode of Mad Med. 

New Poster

Shameless S2 | Ep9 Hurricane Monica stops everytime at around 4:11 of 52:44 and I get error 3050. Happened last night and again this morning. I have not tried any other episodes.

New Poster

Same here Error 3050.

Getting it 4 minutes into "The WIre" S1 Episode 1.

I was able to restart, scroll past the spot it happened, and watch it for a couple minutes before it stalled again. I tried the same thing again (scrolled past the second stoppage point) and it locked up after 15 seconds of further viewing.

I have rebooted and same problem. I don't have this problem with Netflix on this sysytem.

Any solution?

New Poster

I keep getting an error code 3050 each time, trying to watch True Blood Season 3 episode 6.  If i refresh the page, sometimes it will still stop at the same place, sometimes it will continue on for a minute or so and then stop again with the same error code.

New Poster

I have been getting this message all day today while trying to watch true blood episodes... what is going on? Please fix this

New Poster

Xfinity online TV

Hey I was streaming a show online and in both episodes I tried to watch, the video just stopped worring and said the video is not available and error code 3050, even though I was watching it before it stopped working.  I tried to look for an answer and could not get one, I watched shows from this computer before and it didn't do it.

New Poster

the problem still has not been fixed. I can refresh and skip past the point where it originally stopped but it will freeze again minutes later. now error screen  3157 is popping up...

Frequent Visitor

Error 3050 and Error 2105

Starting this morning non stop I kept receiving the error 3050 watching game of thrones halfway through the first season.  The past few days I had been watching the series and now every show I have tried to watch it stops somewhere in the middle of the series and gives me this error and if I try to skip that part after I refresh it I just get another one a few minutes later.  I tried to trouble shoot it and unistalled microsoft silverlight and reinstalled it to now get error 2105 using Internet Explorer.  Weird thing is I do not get that error if I try on Mozilla but I continue getting error 3050 using that.  No idea what to do and getting quite frustrated as I was enjoying this series and trying to catch up on it.

Since I have seen others be told to post the following info I'll do it here anyway before being asked below.

My Zip Code:UnknownMy Cable Provider:UnknownMy myDVR Manager Status:My Set Top Box Names:My Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:falseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:69.255.22.101My operating system:Windows - Windows NT 6.1My web browser:Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; HPNTDF; .NET4.0C; InfoPath.2; BRI/2; AskTbMP3R7/5.11.3.15590)My system typeesktop computer or other deviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:4.1.10329.0My flash version:11.1 r102Javascript:enabled

Cookies:enabled

Any help would be appreciated.

Tags (1)
New Poster

Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 3050)

Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 3050)

I keep getting this message repeatedly. I have used 3 different browsers (IE, Google Chrome, and Firefox) also have uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft Silverlight twice.

Any help?

April

New Poster

Same here, season 1 episode 1 played just fine.  All other episdoes its been happening anywhere from 1 minute to 10 minutes very annoying.

Official Employee

Hi all,

I tested most of these videos and could not duplicate this 3050 error.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I finally called comcast support, and the tech stated that the episode is most likely being updated on the website, and to check back in a couple of hours t osee if it works.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Error 3050 and Error 2105

I tried using mozilla firefox as i mentioned to only continue receiving error 3050

New Poster

Error 3050

What causes this error?  I have been trying to watch True Blood for a couple of hours and keep getting this error message, I refresh and resume watching but only get about a minute before the error pops up again.

Can you please help me?

New Poster

Too Big to Fail... same deal... started yesterday so I gave it a day but it's still happening. Annoying.

New Poster

This is absolutely ridiculous. Why do I pay my hard earned money every month on something that only works half the time?

New Poster

I bet this has some thing to do with the switch over to IPv6. Being that the only common denominator is traffic.

Case in point, I has been watching all the True Bloods since yesterday and did n't have the problem. Today, when alot of core routers on the internet are converting to IPv6 routing we are experiencing playback issues. The library I am viewing isn't being updated. I can resume to a few seconds before the error and one time the video flickered and continued to play. It's totally random, as you can advance the timeline and it play for a bit and error out again.

The only big change is world-wide IP routing conversion from IPv4 to IPv6. Only question is: How long is this going to last?

New Poster

Error 3050

Everytime I try to watch any true blood episode especially Season 2 keeps doing it the most....a few minutes into a episode it will cut off and read Error 3050. I have tried multiple episodes. I will skip past the part where it keeps cutting off  and then few minutes later the video cuts off again! It is taking forever to get through any episode! I also tried reinstalling silverlight and adobe....didn't helpSmiley Sad

New Poster

I am also getting the error 3050 message.  I tried random episodes from the 1st, 2nd, and 4th seasons of True Blood using Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.  I can't watch anymore than a couple of minutes.  I just watched a whole episode a few nights ago with no problem.  This is so frustrating!

New Poster

it's still not working and it cuts out all over the place on tru blood season one

New Poster

the same thing is happening to me, but im trying to watch a movie, not a episode

New Poster

error 3050 OMG!

New Poster

it keeps saying error 3050

Frequent Visitor

I'm getting the same issue... it's happening on all the premium channels. Ugh! Error 3050. It doesn't help to restart your browser, log in and out, close out your watched program and restart... uninstalling silverlight or any of that.. this is again a COMCAST XFINITY issue on their end... can someone on Comcast's end please fix this tonight?

New Poster

I am extremely frustrated!!!! Comcast needs to fix this problem ASAP. I am watching True Blood as well.

Frequent Visitor

yess please, I would love to be able to watch my series on my off days!

New Poster

Please help!!!  Trying to watch true blood!  video keeps cutting off!  error message 3050.

My Device Information My Zip Code: 48340 My Cable Provider: Comcast Pontiac Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Queue setup: True Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 24.23.73.207 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; BRI/2; .NET4.0C; AskTbPSI/5.15.2.23037) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.2 r202 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: bw, s, d, al, ci, bi, bj, bh, a, y, bq, bx, ce, bb, bc, cd, cf, by, bu, at, bs, cb, ch, ar, aw, e, aj, cg, bz, bm, au, bl, bv, b, u, bp, bk, br, bo, bt, cc, h, ad, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False
New Poster

Same here. It keeps showing an error when I watch True Blood season 2 episode 4.

Frequent Visitor

This is a known issue. It's happening on all the premium channels. It's not your box or anything on the customer end... it's an Xfinity Comcast thing. Hopefully they will wake up and fix the issue since everyone seems to be having the problem!!!

New Poster

Error 3050

Watching true Blood Season 3 episode 3.

Message pops up every minute or so:

Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 3050)

Please check back soon.

It is always at the same times.

New Poster

Im watching true blood on HBO GO with no problem!!! 

New Poster

go to HBO GO.  watched true blood with no problem!

New Poster

PLEASE FIX this error. We are paying too much money for us not to be able to watch our shows. I have been wathcning True Blood for the past three days and everyday it has been getting stopped with error "3050" and then it would work but today I literally have not been able to watch it because it continues to stop. I have tried re-installing silverlight and chaning web browsers. What should I do?

New Poster

Kenneth is right, HBO GO is working just fine. It's something to do with Comcast's network or player or both.

New Poster

Same 3050 error when watching True Blood S3Ep6. Reinstalled Silverlight - no luck. I am reluctant to post my individual computer info on a public forum. Suggestions?

Please remedy.