Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Error 11700

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Error 11700

I'm unable to connect to my X1 service on line. I was watching live TV on my MacBook Pro last night when the service was interrupted. It asked me to log on again, and when I tried I received the following error msg.

Something's not right here
We are having trouble adding this device to your account.
Please call 1-800-XFINITY and mention error 11700.
(Error xacsa.provision.11700: Error)

My X1 internet service on my laptop and other mobile devices is still out 12 hours+ later. I can log on to the home page. The links take me to the videos, but they will not load. The TV icon takes me to a page that says it is now connecting me to my entertainment experience, but then it fails with the 11700 error code. My home cable TV, internet and phone service are working as advertised, though.

I contacted customer service last night. A tech checked a few things, escalated me to another tech that that checked some other things. They said a third tech will contact me today between 10am and 2pm as they had checked all that they could. So I'm standing by for that.

I wonder if if the TV icon is taking me to the right address or if something else has changed? The address it takes me to is; https://tv.xfinity.com.

My sense is that I am no longer recognized as an Xfinity X1 customer on my laptop and mobile devices, or I have been disconnected from some essential element.

Is anyone else having these problems? Does anyone have any suggesstions to help make things work again?

Accepted Solution

Re: Error 11700

MB110 wrote:

I'm unable to connect to my X1 service on line. I was watching live TV on my MacBook Pro last night when the service was interrupted. It asked me to log on again, and when I tried I received the following error msg.

My X1 internet service on my laptop and other mobile devices is still out 12 hours+ later. I can log on to the home page. The links take me to the videos, but they will not load. The TV icon takes me to a page that says it is now connecting me to my entertainment experience, but then it fails with the 11700 error code. My home cable TV, internet and phone service are working as advertised, though.

I contacted customer service last night. A tech checked a few things, escalated me to another tech that that checked some other things. They said a third tech will contact me today between 10am and 2pm as they had checked all that they could. So I'm standing by for that.

I wonder if if the TV icon is taking me to the right address or if something else has changed? The address it takes me to is; https://tv.xfinity.com.

My sense is that I am no longer recognized as an Xfinity X1 customer on my laptop and mobile devices, or I have been disconnected from some essential element.

Is anyone else having these problems? Does anyone have any suggesstions to help make things work again?

11700 Error can happen if you clear your browser cookies upon exiting the browser, and haven't signed out of the Xfinity TV portal. Can also happen if you just have too many devices trying to connect all at the same time.

Try 888-824-8988, Advanced Tech Support, and tell them Error 11700. If that fails send Private Messages to ComcastZach and ComcastPhill directly. Just click their names in this post, and ask them to deprovision your devices due to 11700 error.

See this post about what ComcastZach says about the 11700 error.

View answer in context
Problem Solver

MB110 wrote:

11700 Error can happen if you clear your browser cookies upon exiting the browser, and haven't signed out of the Xfinity TV portal. Can also happen if you just have too many devices trying to connect all at the same time.

Try 888-824-8988, Advanced Tech Support, and tell them Error 11700. If that fails send Private Messages to ComcastZach and ComcastPhill directly. Just click their names in this post, and ask them to deprovision your devices due to 11700 error.

See this post about what ComcastZach says about the 11700 error.

Regular Visitor

That worked. I called the number you gave, asked them to deprovision my devices, and they were happy to help. That fixed my problem. Thanks for the help!

Service Expert

when you go to the TV app, settings (gear) and devices (streaming) I'm surprised to find that as we watch recordings off of the 3 DVRs that both show up as streaming devices (x1 boxes) I wonder if the X1 set top boxes themselves actually do take away a streaming slot from some max number?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Posted this yesterday.  Give it a try.

Just called Comcast at 888-824-8988 after spending an hour on the phone yesterday with lower level people.  Talked to Kerry.  While we were talking she fixed the problem.  6 minutes from beginning to end.  Said they know it is a problem.  Can't fix it yourself.  Have to call in when it happens again to have them clear it.  What a system!!  Hopefully they are working on something so it doesn't happened or allow you to clear it yourself.

New Poster

ERROR 11700...I am getting so tired and frustrated.  I was watching tv online over a week ago I got the error message..I called and talked to someone that said it was because of storms in the area to wait a day and try again...gave it 3 days still same error...called again the next person said they could not figure out what the problem was so they would escalate it and someone would call...waited 3 more days no call still error called again someone ELSE said the other 2 cases had been closed when I asked how is that possible when the error is still happening she said oh well there is an outage so just wait a bit and it should be better....so here i am having called ANOTHER time and now I am on hold waiting for approximately 10 min according to the recorder.   Does anyone know how I can fix this myself?  I have read others say it's to many devices when we looked we only have one showing.

Problem Solver

chrisandpaulett wrote:

ERROR 11700...I am getting so tired and frustrated.  I was watching tv online over a week ago I got the error message..I called and talked to someone that said it was because of storms in the area to wait a day and try again...gave it 3 days still same error...called again the next person said they could not figure out what the problem was so they would escalate it and someone would call...waited 3 more days no call still error called again someone ELSE said the other 2 cases had been closed when I asked how is that possible when the error is still happening she said oh well there is an outage so just wait a bit and it should be better....so here i am having called ANOTHER time and now I am on hold waiting for approximately 10 min according to the recorder.   Does anyone know how I can fix this myself?  I have read others say it's to many devices when we looked we only have one showing.

Did you follow any of the advice in the posts before this one? Read this post about who to call and PM if you still have issues. Nothing you do will allow you to fix this yourself. Comcast has made sure of that.

Official Employee

chrisandpaulett wrote:

I'm so sorry you got the wrong information. I just checked your account and it appears to be cleared up (you only have a single PC device listed). You should be good now but let me know if you are not.  Again, sorry and I'll let the customer support team know that training on this error needs to be improved until we can make a user-facing way to resolve it.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Thanks again for the help. Your suggestion helped me fix part of the problem. I am still having a small problem watching videos, but I may have found a work around.

Here's the problem. Safari will not play Top Videos from the home page with Adobe Flash Player installed.  (I am able to watch DVR, On Demand, Live TV, etc.) If I uninstall Adobe Flash Player, the Top Videos works😃, but the DVR, On Demand, etc. does not🤔.

My work around is to use the Google Chrome browser. Both seem to work fine using that one.

Is there a better way to fix this. I'd rather stay with just one browser, Safari.

New Poster

Can you help me? I spent an hour and a half on the phone with support yesterday only to be told it's a problem with the website and it will be fixed within an hr!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 7 in conversation