Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Error 11700 Won't allow me to watch any option online. Suggests too many devices added.

Frequent Visitor

Error 11700 Won't allow me to watch any option online. Suggests too many devices added.

This problem started after XFINITY changed interface on website recently.  Until then, had NO ISSUE with logging on and watching shows from my DVR or live TV.  Now, no matter which browser I use, whether I clear my cookies/cache, etc, or use same name for this device as I always have used...NOTHING WORKS.  How can I have too many devices associated with my account when I ONLY have 1 pc???????

Nothing changed on my end...problems started with the change in XFINITY web interface.  Can't find associated device list anywhere on site.  Ideas??? 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Error 11700 Won't allow me to watch any option online. Suggests too many devices added.

OK just found the Authorized Device Manager Page.  It states that there can be up to 3 Devices added per household.  Great except it also shows I have ZERO devices added in any category.  So how can I get an error code that is used for too many devices when I have ZERO associated devices?  Anyone??????

Problem Solver

Re: Error 11700 Won't allow me to watch any option online. Suggests too many devices added.

Yes, the Authorized Device Manager Page is not what you require.  The problem is you need call Comcast to remove your excess devices.  That is where the fun begins, trying to get one of the off shore bumbleheads to even understand what you are talking about.  Why Comcast can't have a link to allow the customer to manage their connections to the Xfinity TV portal is beyond me.  They don't even have a phone category for their app issues.  You obviously don't have a problem with your cable, internet, nor phone service.  I'm sure they are all working fine, so which one do you pick when you call in?

Again, your only recourse is to call in or try the chat app.  Their is nothing you can do by yourself.  Good luck.

Also, are you clearing your browser cache when you close your browser.  That could cause the 11700 error.

Problem Solver

Hi michelese,

I have removed the excess devices from your account. Please let us know if you still experiencing an issue.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Having this same issue, and have been for a few months now... getting error 11700 from my Surface Pro and other Windows based pc's (regardless of browser used). I have contacted Comcast multiple times, and the only thing they've helped me do is help me become more frustrated.  I've cleared the cache, tried different browsers, even different laptops, as well as all the tricks and suggestions online, but none fixed the issue.  'Borrowing' as friends account to test worked fine, but not switching back to my own. 

The most recent time that I tried calling Support, I even read them suggestions directly from these xfinity forums, and still no resolution. This call lasted more than 90 minutes long where I exlained the entire issue from the beginning to 5 different people, along with 3 department transfers, until finally ended up with someone who seemed to understand what I was talking about... only to tell me she didn't know how to fix it.

She promised to look deeper into it, email me with some suggestions to try, and call back on or before Sunday (2 days later) with a follow up.  None of the above happened... and that was well over a month ago.

I've given up on Comcast fixing it, and have now resorted to borrowing my sister's Directv signon to watch online.

Problem Solver

I feel your pain calling Comcast about this issue since the CSRs seem clueless about most things having to do with the Cloud DVR and the apps that access it.  Why Comcast can't let users manage this themselves is beyond me.

You can try sending a Private Message to ComcastElena since she said she solved this same issue for a different user up above.

Click here to send a Private Message to ComcastElena asking her to remove all your excess devices to fix the 11700 error.

New Poster

Problem Solver

Hi johnellis64,

I have removed the excess devices from your account. Please let us know if you still experiencing an issue.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation