Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Error 1106 on Macbook Air

Frequent Visitor

Error 1106 on Macbook Air

Occassionally, when streaming video with my Macbook Air, playbck suddenly stops and I get an ERROR 1106 message.

My computer: Macbook Air 2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4 GB RAM, OSX 10.9.5, Firefox 32.0.3

Does someone have a fix for this error?

Thank you.

Michael

Frequent Visitor

"Sorry, we've experienced some difficulty playing..."

Often, while playing video on either my Macbook Air, or 27" iMac, I get the error:

"Sorry, we've experienced some difficulty playing (whatever I've been watching)

Please refresh this page in your browser to continue where you left off.

1102"

My computers:

Macbook Air 2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4 GB RAM, OSX 10.9.5

iMac 27" 3.2 GHz quad core i5 with 4GB RAM, 4 GB RAM, OSX 10.9.5

This happens with ALL web browsers - Firefox, Chrome, Safari, on both computers.

xfinity wireless internet in my house tests out at ~30 Mbps download

Please advise.

Thank you.

Michael

Cable Expert

Re: Error 1106 on Macbook Air

Go into "system preferences / flash player"  and on  the storage tab click on "delete all" check both boxes and click on delete data.  Next go to the advanced tab and delete all on the browsing data and settings section.  Restart Safari.

You might also need to go into the Safari menu and click on clear history and website data.

You didn't share the model of your modem and gateway, but if you have your own router, make sure you are using Comcast's default DNS settings of 75.75.75.75 and 75.75.76.76 and not a 3rd party DNS like google.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Error 1106 on Macbook Air

Thanks.

I did as you suggested, with both the Flash Player preferences and my brower(s), and am getting periodic errors telling me that "the video is no longer available."  But if I refresh the web page, the video starts up again just fine.  Until it stops again anywhere from 10-60 minutes later.  I have also received this "video not available" error before.

FYI, when these errors happen, it isn't like the streaming slows down or the picture freezes.  Typically, the video just stops and is replaced by the error screen.

Also - yes - I am using a relatively new wireless router that Comcast sent me.  It is using Comcast's default DNS settings.

Additionally, my Flash Player is the current version.  And I have tried rebooting my computers.

This was happening with my old router - Comcast recently sent me a new one to take advantage of higher speeds that have been enabled in my area.  I had hoped that this would fix the issue, but no such luck.

I also have an iPad, and have no problems streaming live TV to it through the xfinity app.  The problems only occur when streaming to my iMac or my Macbook. 

Any other ideas?  Thanks.

Michael

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation