Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,857,241

members

1,156

online

29,944

topics

Top

Error 108 in Xfinity TV app when trying to make AnyPlay active

New Poster

Error 108 in Xfinity TV app when trying to make AnyPlay active

I just ordered this a couple weeks ago, but have yet to be able to use it Smiley Sad I keep getting error 108 when I try to click the active button in the Xfinity TV app. I pull up the AnyPlay app and it starts on ch2 and played it live until I tried to click to get another channel, now they all just come up black.

I've reset the device and the diagnostics show it's connected and working for the tuner......so what's wrong?? Cable TV support reps by phone have no idea how to fix this....someone help?

I do have the current versions of all apps from the market and am working on a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 tablet with ICS Android OS

Zoe
Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Error 108 in Xfinity TV app when trying to make AnyPlay active


protazoey wrote:
I just ordered this a couple weeks ago, but have yet to be able to use it Smiley Sad I keep getting error 108 when I try to click the active button in the Xfinity TV app. I pull up the AnyPlay app and it starts on ch2 and played it live until I tried to click to get another channel, now they all just come up black.

I've reset the device and the diagnostics show it's connected and working for the tuner......so what's wrong?? Cable TV support reps by phone have no idea how to fix this....someone help?

I do have the current versions of all apps from the market and am working on a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 tablet with ICS Android OS

Zoe

Please follow the steps on our AnyPlay troubleshooting app for further assistance:

 

http://info.xfinity.com/Portal/content/Comcast/VideoMicrosites/AnyPlay/troubleshooting.aspx?mid=2177...^204891&rid=-3039530736126684375

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Error 108 in Xfinity TV app when trying to make AnyPlay active

I have gone through all those steps! That's why I'm now posting here for help....
Official Employee

Re: Error 108 in Xfinity TV app when trying to make AnyPlay active


protazoey wrote:
I have gone through all those steps! That's why I'm now posting here for help....

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Error 108 in Xfinity TV app when trying to make AnyPlay active

Hey Joe I'm having the same problem when trying to use anyplay with the tv app. I receive error 108 when trying to make anyplay active in the app. I can watch fine using the anyplay app. This happens using an how touchpad running ICS. my galaxy s3 anyplay app works but I'm not getting an anyplay option in settings for the tv app.

Can you help please? It took me 2 hours and 12 transfers yesterday just to get the anyplay device activated since it wouldn't activate online. I REALLY don't want to call support again they don't have a clue what I'm talking about.
Official Employee

Re: Error 108 in Xfinity TV app when trying to make AnyPlay active


techyforyou wrote:
Hey Joe I'm having the same problem when trying to use anyplay with the tv app. I receive error 108 when trying to make anyplay active in the app. I can watch fine using the anyplay app. This happens using an how touchpad running ICS. my galaxy s3 anyplay app works but I'm not getting an anyplay option in settings for the tv app.

Can you help please? It took me 2 hours and 12 transfers yesterday just to get the anyplay device activated since it wouldn't activate online. I REALLY don't want to call support again they don't have a clue what I'm talking about.

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1409 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation