Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Entitlements screwed up

Frequent Visitor

Entitlements screwed up

I've had x1 for a while now, and it's been working great.  As of a couple days ago, i can't get certain channels on my PC (via https://xtv.comcast.net/grid) or on my iphone Xfinity TV app. 

After spending 2 hours on the phone with comcast (and 4 agents), the issue still persists.  The last guy i spoke with said something was screwy on my account - he could see that I wasn't entitled to my local channels - even though i have the preferred package.  He tried the UDB thing, entitlement refresh thing, re-adding my service.  Nothing worked.  He still showed that I wasn't entitled to my local channels.  He said there was nothing else he could do.

He ended the call saying a higher up tech would have to give me a call in 1 or 2 business days.

Does anyone here have any thoughts in the meantime?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Entitlements screwed up

FYI, Comcast rarely "calls back".

I would call the X1 help line (877-896-8678) and have them resend entitlements.

Rcckks96 wrote:

I've had x1 for a while now, and it's been working great.  As of a couple days ago, i can't get certain channels on my PC (via https://xtv.comcast.net/grid) or on my iphone Xfinity TV app. 

After spending 2 hours on the phone with comcast (and 4 agents), the issue still persists.  The last guy i spoke with said something was screwy on my account - he could see that I wasn't entitled to my local channels - even though i have the preferred package.  He tried the UDB thing, entitlement refresh thing, re-adding my service.  Nothing worked.  He still showed that I wasn't entitled to my local channels.  He said there was nothing else he could do.

He ended the call saying a higher up tech would have to give me a call in 1 or 2 business days.

Does anyone here have any thoughts in the meantime?

Frequent Visitor

Thanks. But that number took me to the same place I was talking to before. And the guy I spoke with said he did resend entitlements. He even re-did my bundle - basically set me up with new service. Still same problem. He had no idea why it was showing I wasn't entitled to me local channels.
Service Expert

Set top boxes (only) use entitlement 'refreshes'.

the IP delivered content is based upon your billing records and require no refresh just proper codes from billing. try calling billing and let them fix the account for you. 800-comcast select billing.

(IP delivered content is on all devices other than a set top box)

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Billing said everything looked fine. She was unaware of any difference between being able to watch online vs on the dvr. She transferred me to tech support. Had the same conversation with tech support that led nowhere. Not sure what to do at this point.
Frequent Visitor

Started working for me. A tech finally called me back. He said it was an issue affecting New England area, but I'm suspicious. Anyways, it's working now, so I'm happy.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation