Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

EXITED ABOUT LIVE CHANNELS

Regular Contributor

EXITED ABOUT LIVE CHANNELS

ok..so far I had a bumpy ride to set up my channels but it works...hoiwever I am pretty thrilled what  Comcast has to offer.. right now I take my online access  in with a BYOA .

So I see that we have about 12 live streams  (CNN ESPN HSN and so on)..

What are the future updates and how many more livestreams will be coming ??

I really love this kind of technology and I think Comcast will be a big player in this market !!

Just very very curious ....   

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: EXITED ABOUT LIVE CHANNELS

SKORPION2012 wrote:

ok..so far I had a bumpy ride to set up my channels but it works...hoiwever I am pretty thrilled what  Comcast has to offer.. right now I take my online access  in with a BYOA .

So I see that we have about 12 live streams  (CNN ESPN HSN and so on)..

What are the future updates and how many more livestreams will be coming ??

I really love this kind of technology and I think Comcast will be a big player in this market !!

Just very very curious ....   

We are planning on adding more live streams but at this time there is no timetable or launch date set. Also, we are negotiating with multiple networks but can not release which ones until it becomes official.

I understand that this is a vague answer but we cannot say much at this time. When I have information to pass along, I will post it on this board.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

OK , thanks ... Looks like this is the future coming.I already think of getting the live channels and then projecting them to my TV in home (it is possible to connect it wireless and zoom the image to the screen) ..

However , the billing and customer service is still a very bumpy process and involves very much time to solve issues (online or voice connected..) Companies are getting bigger and it's more difficult to get the right person @ customer service, I would love to keep a special phone nbr to always connect to the same agent (but I guess impossible..).

I look forward to the future which has imploded into the present time ....cyberpunks ..

Regular Contributor

SKORPION2012 wrote:

OK , thanks ... Looks like this is the future coming.I already think of getting the live channels and then projecting them to my TV in home (it is possible to connect it wireless and zoom the image to the screen) ..

However , the billing and customer service is still a very bumpy process and involves very much time to solve issues (online or voice connected..) Companies get bigger and it's more difficult to get the right person, I would love to keep a special phone nbr to always connect to the same agent (but I guess impossible..).

I look forward to the future which has imploded into the present time ....cyberpunks ..

I'm not sure why you would want to stream them through the pc to the television at home, wouldn't it be easier just to use the receiver?  Of course, not knowing your setup, I'm thinking you have a good reason, care to share?  For me, the value of live streaming is to watch shows when I am away from home without access to the programs I like to watch, and I do travel quite a bit. One reason I'm leaving Comcast is that I can't stream any of the television I prefer to watch, while I can stream anything that I can play at home to my laptop or phone, no matter where I am.

Regular Contributor

Having more options it's like a backup ...

Regular Contributor

SKORPION2012 wrote:

Having more options it's like a backup ...

Yep, that one phrase just made it crystal clear...given that the receivers are not exactly stable all the time.  Never mind..Smiley Wink

Regular Contributor

Still testing the site... so now for example I watch a show on the site and @ the same time see also the HULU sign on the right side corner, means I could get this for free but with lot's of commercial and voting breakups..just wonder if CC signed a deal as well with HULU ??

Regular Contributor

SKORPION2012 wrote:

Still testing the site... so now for example I watch a show on the site and @ the same time see also the HULU sign on the right side corner, means I could get this for free but with lot's of commercial and voting breakups..just wonder if CC signed a deal as well with HULU ??

That is interesting, what show were you watching live that showed the Hulu logo?  While there are a number of shows on Hulu that are free, others do require their paid subscription (7.99/ month). Yes, they do have commercials, but I find they are very short and generally last no longer than a minute or two...about four times in an hour long episode. I was not aware that Hulu showed any live streams.

Silver Problem Solver

If HULU is still partly owned by NBCUniversal then Comcast already made the deal when they bought NBC.

Regular Contributor

commanguy wrote:

If HULU is still partly owned by NBCUniversal then Comcast already made the deal when they bought NBC.

Hulu is owned by several companies, Comcast/NBC Universal is one.  ABC and FOX also have shares. When Comcast purchased NBC, one of the conditions of the sale was that to prevent them from trying to stifle Hulu to eliminate competition, Comcast is prohibited from having any control over Hulu's operations, or from sitting on the board of directors. Also: "Comcast will largely be kept in the dark on Hulu matters. The Justice Department said that Comcast would not be able to receive "confidential or competitively sensitive information concerning Hulu."

In other words, they get their share of the profits, but other than that, they are just another provider.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation