Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

ETA for Windows 8.1 compatability?

New Poster

ETA for Windows 8.1 compatability?

Since the my recent Windows 8.1 upgrade, I have had intermittant TV video "Buffering..." freezes;  80% from various categories/networks would not play.  (Tho' I was able to view a limited selection during the two Seahawks playoff broadcasts.  Interesting.)  Then, magically, I played all of "John Doe", reliably.  Definately a less popular selection.  I began "Flash Forward", reliably, until the automatic 8.1 update mid last week.  Now, no TV videos or live feeds play.  I'm predicting even the Super Bowl won't help.

This forum has stated that Win 8.1/IE 11 is a known problem.  Can you give an honest estimate for 8.1 compatibility, given that it has been available for quite a while?  Then I will be able to decide whether to go back to my CPU's default 8.0 settings for the duration.   Thanks!

Regular Visitor

Re: ETA for Windows 8.1 compatibility?

I believe I am observing the same problem - Please advise

New Poster

Re: ETA for Windows 8.1 compatibility?

Same here.  Although I can play trailers, I can't play videos or movies, it stops at "buffering...."

Help!

Windows 8.1

New Poster

Re: ETA for Windows 8.1 compatability?

same issue here.  does not work on either browser or compatability mode

Regular Contributor

Re: ETA for Windows 8.1 compatability?

If you are all using IE with it's "baked in" version of Flash then I suggest you try FireFox and download the latest version of Flash from Adobe and see if that fixes it; or try chrome>

New Poster

Re: ETA for Windows 8.1 compatability? USE Chrome Browser

I have windows 8.1, IE 11 on a laptop and desktop.  Cannot view Xfinity TV shows on either using IE.  I downloaded Chrome Browser and used it to access Xfinity and everything works perfect on both computers.  It appears Microsoft's integration of flash player into IE has created a problem that has caused many people a lot of wasted time.

I have other computers with Vista and Win7 and Xfinity works fine with them.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation