Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

ESPN doesn't work?

Regular Visitor

ESPN doesn't work?

Hi, I keep trying to use ESPN on both my iPhone and Xbox one, but it says I don't have access... I have a login that includes Cable, but I don't have cable at my current address, just Internet... Is it possible that I'm being logged into the wrong account? If so, how do I fix it? Thanks!
Problem Solver

Re: ESPN doesn't work?

To use any of the streaming apps requires you to be currently subscribed to cable and have a cable box plugged in at whatever is your home address.

Is the cable box still in use (in your name) at your previous address? Either way your out of luck. You need to notify them you moved and set up the cable-box at your new address.

Every time you use an app for another device the program checks the Comcast server to make sure you paid up and have the necessary level of service.

These apps were designed to allow family members to use different devices to watch TV. To avoid FRAUD they likely check gps location.

This means someone's past roomate moving out and still trying to use an app cointinously from another location without paying for cable and having a cable-box at their new location.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation