Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

ESPN app/ Expire error

Regular Visitor

ESPN app/ Expire error

I have found several older references on the board to this app. What I want might already be here but if it is I can not find it. The App gives me an "expired" message every ten minutes(possibly 5 I have not timed it). I can restart and keep watching. I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled. I have logged in and logged out. I have a friend who has a droid like mine and he doesn't get this error. Same cable provider,you guys, and we can be in same room. I have checked every phone setting imaginable. No other streaming app does this. I have the timeout function set to the max. It has worked in the past. The thing is I just came back to Comcast. I have had cable through comcast,and the people they bought it from,for 20 years. I quit for 6 months and came back. I won't say this app is a deal breaker. I will say that after the year is up on my current package it will be part of my decision. I am not calling because of the last experience I had trying to get the App to work and calling. I hear the app after it expires I just can't see it. I meet all the requirements listed in the other threads for this app to work. Please help. Thank you and be blessed!

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: ESPN app/ Expire error

this is mainly a user to user forum. 

Do you meet all these requirements??

Here are some requirements:

Smartphones using OS version 2.3 and above will be able to run this app.

The WatchESPN app is not yet optimized for Android tablets using OS version 2.3. Customers may download the phone version of the app and use it on their 7 or 10 inch Android tablet, the app will work on those devices.

A Kindle Fire app is not currently available at the Amazon Kindle Store

What XFINITY customers need to WatchESPN app:

A subscription to XFINITY TV

A set-top box or other device supporting On Demand

A subscription that includes the network you want to watch (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU)

To log in, you can either use your Comcast email address or a Comcast ID.

Contributor

I have the same issue -- Watch ESPN issues "Expired" message forcing reload of the app. 

I meet all of the requirements so why are we getting this message ? 

New Poster

I know only 3 people running this app on Android.. but ALL of them have this error. All meet the requirements above. "Expired" message makes the app unusable. I hear Dish network has all their programming available on mobile devices... sounds like the best solution to me...

Regular Visitor

Thanks for the answer but as I stated above I meet all the requirements. I have stopped trying to even use it. I guess I will give it one more try. As I stated above it will not ,by itself, cause me to get ride of cable but it is a factor. I have a lot of other issues with Comcast right now. Getting charged for a digital box I no longer have. Couple other billing issues. They make it as complicated as possible to read,in my opinion, so you won't be able to figure out exactly what to ask and then will just say screw it. So many 1.99 or miscellaneous charges on my bill. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation