Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Downloads, playback without internet

Contributor

Downloads, playback without internet

I downloaded some shows using to xfinity to go app on my iPad. I assumed I would be able to watch these shows offline. I tried to play them back, but when I clicked on play, nothing happened. When I reconnected to the internet I was able to play them but also saw a message that said something like "downloads available for 1 day", and when clicked for more information said "if the xfinity tv go has been offline for awhile, your downloads might not work. Open this app online, using a network connection, to validate your account subscriptions. If everything checks out, your downloads will become active again". 

What is considered "awhile"?  My internet was down today for a couple of hours due to a Comcast OUTAGE. I should be able to play my downloads.  I don't get this restriction and it needs to be more clearly defined. "Awhile" means nothing.  It defeats the purpose of wanting to download so you can watch without a connection. So if I download and then leave the house to go away, how long can I be offline in order to watch, say on a plane?  

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation