Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Differences in the DVR and the XTV recordings list

Regular Visitor

Differences in the DVR and the XTV recordings list

I have noticed that XTV recordings https://xtv.comcast.net do not match the recordings on the DVR. I had many more recordings on the DVR. Why is this? Is it related at all to online rights as opposed to television rights or is this something that could be submitted for a possible software update?

Problem Solver

Re: Differences in the DVR and the XTV recordings list

Because Comcast can't fix their broken system. I've had this same problem almost every month since I had X1 installed almost 8 months ago.  Random recordings are missing from the Cloud DVR, and even the scheduled shows don't match all the time.

View the info for a show on the DVR that didn't get recorded to the Cloud DVR.  See if it has the message "Not available for mobile viewing".  Also find a show that is scheduled to record on the DVR but is not listed in the schedule on the XTV portal.  In the info for the show on the DVR, do you see the message "Not available for mobile viewing"?  Now find that show in the guide on the XTV portal and schedule it to record.  Miraculously the "Not available for mobile viewing" message will disappear on the DVR and the show will record to both the DVR and the Cloud DVR.

Contributor

Do I need to delete these scheduled recordings on the dvr and then schedule them on the portal?  What a pain!!

Problem Solver

So I take it you found a schedule mismatch between the physical DVR and the Cloud DVR?  I don't delete the DVR scheduled show, I just go in the guide on the XTV web portal and schedule the show there as well.  Miraculously in then matches the DVR.  The real problem is this issue is very intermittent.  Some weeks everything matches fine, other weeks I get the mismatch.  That's why everyday I check my schedule and look for mismatches.  Real PITA.

sherrisno wrote:

Do I need to delete these scheduled recordings on the dvr and then schedule them on the portal?  What a pain!!

Contributor

Well, I just deleted every recording I would want to watch online, deleted the scheduled recording, then reset the recording online.  There were a few scheduled recordings that said that it was unavailable for mobile viewing.  So wierd!

Problem Solver

So do you still have scheduled recordings that have the "Not available for mobile viewing message" or did the message disappear?  If you still have scheduled shows with the message, what shows are they?

sherrisno wrote:

Well, I just deleted every recording I would want to watch online, deleted the scheduled recording, then reset the recording online.  There were a few scheduled recordings that said that it was unavailable for mobile viewing.  So wierd!

Contributor

Not sure on the one I deleted but was looking at the ones I did not change, I have at least one saying that.  Should I take a pic and post it on here?  Should I check the rest?

Problem Solver

sherrisno wrote:

Not sure on the one I deleted but was looking at the ones I did not change, I have at least one saying that.  Should I take a pic and post it on here?  Should I check the rest?

I wrote this on the other thread you started, but you can check for recording schedule mismatches online. Just go to http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr and click the "Scheduled Recordings" link to see the DVR schedule.  Then look at https://xtv.comcast.net/scheduled to see the Cloud DVR schedule.

You can post screenshots of both pages to show if you have a schedule mismatch for a particular date.  99% of the time the schedule mismatches I get are due to the "Not available for mobile viewing" bug.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation