Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,858,086

members

1,747

online

30,083

topics

Top

Delete or reset my "recently watched shows" on xfinity TV GO website

New Poster

Delete or reset my "recently watched shows" on xfinity TV GO website

Can anyone help me on how to remove shows from my "recently watched" list from the TV GO website?

Contributor

Re: Delete or reset my "recently watched shows" on xfinity TV GO website

I think Shafin, at least this is what I have been doing, is to go back into the program, fast forward till you have about 2 minutes left in the program, hit the play button, and let it completely finish in play.  When you go back to look at "Recently Watched" it should be gone.

 

This is from a PC.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Delete or reset my "recently watched shows" on xfinity TV GO website


shafin071 wrote:

Can anyone help me on how to remove shows from my "recently watched" list from the TV GO website?


I have found no way to do this

Contributor

Re: Delete or reset my "recently watched shows" on xfinity TV GO website


dmario wrote:

I think Shafin, at least this is what I have been doing, is to go back into the program, fast forward till you have about 2 minutes left in the program, hit the play button, and let it completely finish in play.  When you go back to look at "Recently Watched" it should be gone.

 

This is from a PC.


I can confirm what Dmario said...it works for me as well. That said lol, you shouldn't have to use such a convoluted workaround to delete one. Even Amazon Prime allows you to remove individual programs from your previously viewed list with a click of a button.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Delete or reset my "recently watched shows" on xfinity TV GO website


Coltfan13 wrote:

dmario wrote:

I think Shafin, at least this is what I have been doing, is to go back into the program, fast forward till you have about 2 minutes left in the program, hit the play button, and let it completely finish in play.  When you go back to look at "Recently Watched" it should be gone.

 

This is from a PC.


I can confirm what Dmario said...it works for me as well. That said lol, you shouldn't have to use such a convoluted workaround to delete one. Even Amazon Prime allows you to remove individual programs from your previously viewed list with a click of a button.


If we are talking about on demand, every show I have tried, fastforward is disabled and on some so is rewind. If we are talking about live shows, this workaround is not available. What on demand shows are allowing rewind?

Contributor

Re: Delete or reset my "recently watched shows" on xfinity TV GO website


m.venanzi wrote:

Coltfan13 wrote:

dmario wrote:

I think Shafin, at least this is what I have been doing, is to go back into the program, fast forward till you have about 2 minutes left in the program, hit the play button, and let it completely finish in play.  When you go back to look at "Recently Watched" it should be gone.

 

This is from a PC.


I can confirm what Dmario said...it works for me as well. That said lol, you shouldn't have to use such a convoluted workaround to delete one. Even Amazon Prime allows you to remove individual programs from your previously viewed list with a click of a button.


If we are talking about on demand, every show I have tried, fastforward is disabled and on some so is rewind. If we are talking about live shows, this workaround is not available. What on demand shows are allowing rewind?


I discovered it quite by accident. I resumed watching a TV show (can't remember which one) that only had a few minutes left (mostly ending credits and scenes for next week). It allowed me to fast forward through and then when it finished i popped me back out to the main page and the show was gone from my recently viewed. I tried it again (this time with a movie "I Am Wrath") and I was able to fast forward through 7 minutes of credits and it too was gone when it popped me out to the main page. Just tried it with South Park Season 20 Episode 1 :Member Berries". It had just the last few moments left and it allowed me to rewind back through and fast forward to the end. Not sure if it matter but this was all done via clicking on the show icons showing in the recently viewed category on the main "for you" page.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Delete or reset my "recently watched shows" on xfinity TV GO website


Coltfan13 wrote:

I discovered it quite by accident. I resumed watching a TV show (can't remember which one) that only had a few minutes left (mostly ending credits and scenes for next week). It allowed me to fast forward through and then when it finished i popped me back out to the main page and the show was gone from my recently viewed. I tried it again (this time with a movie "I Am Wrath") and I was able to fast forward through 7 minutes of credits and it too was gone when it popped me out to the main page. Just tried it with South Park Season 20 Episode 1 :Member Berries". It had just the last few moments left and it allowed me to rewind back through and fast forward to the end. Not sure if it matter but this was all done via clicking on the show icons showing in the recently viewed category on the main "for you" page.


Ok, I see whats going on. Some shows allow fast forward and rewind. I tried the South Parks you did, and it doesn't show the usual "Fast forward and other abilities are disabled" before the show starts. I tested Family Guy a while ago, it displays the "are disabled" message. The most recent episode won't allow fast forward or rewind, but the episode before allows rewind but not fast forward

Contributor

Re: Delete or reset my "recently watched shows" on xfinity TV GO website

M. Venanzi, I was referring to deleting "Recently Watched" from a PC.  If you are at home watching your TV with remote in hand you can go to "Recently Watched", select the show, and one of the choices is "Mark Watched" and it will disappear.

From a PC to fast forward you would put your cursor down to the bottom of the picture and the line with the dot will appear showing you where you are in the show, move the dot near to the end and release and let it play out to the very end right through the credits until you are returned back to the episode selection.  This was an On Demand selection I used this on.

Depending on what type of device you are on things seem to work differently.  What a pain!!!

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Delete or reset my "recently watched shows" on xfinity TV GO website


dmario wrote:

M. Venanzi, I was referring to deleting "Recently Watched" from a PC.  If you are at home watching your TV with remote in hand you can go to "Recently Watched", select the show, and one of the choices is "Mark Watched" and it will disappear.

From a PC to fast forward you would put your cursor down to the bottom of the picture and the line with the dot will appear showing you where you are in the show, move the dot near to the end and release and let it play out to the very end right through the credits until you are returned back to the episode selection.  This was an On Demand selection I used this on.

Depending on what type of device you are on things seem to work differently.  What a pain!!!


I understand that, I was testing using on demand tv shows streaming to my pc. Some shows.will not allow fast forward, they start with a screen saying "fast forward and other functionality may not be available". Try a recent episode of a major network show. When you try to move that dot, you'll find that you can't, but other shows without this message you can

Untitled.jpg

Contributor

Re: Delete or reset my "recently watched shows" on xfinity TV GO website


dmario wrote:

M. Venanzi, I was referring to deleting "Recently Watched" from a PC.  If you are at home watching your TV with remote in hand you can go to "Recently Watched", select the show, and one of the choices is "Mark Watched" and it will disappear.

From a PC to fast forward you would put your cursor down to the bottom of the picture and the line with the dot will appear showing you where you are in the show, move the dot near to the end and release and let it play out to the very end right through the credits until you are returned back to the episode selection.  This was an On Demand selection I used this on.

Depending on what type of device you are on things seem to work differently.  What a pain!!!


Yes, I was also talking about watching from a PC and yes, it is a pain. I only hope they install the "more robust watchlist" feature they promised soon...not holding my breath though.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3298 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation