Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Default language unexpectedly changed to Spanish on TV. I need to change it back to English.

New Poster

Default language unexpectedly changed to Spanish on TV. I need to change it back to English.

Somehow the default language in the cable box has been changed to Spanish so all the HBO shows are in Spanish no matter which channel I use.  I went into the set-up by clicking twice on the menu button on the remote and could see the default language, but could not alter it. I also tried rebooting the cable box, but that did not fix it either. How do I change the language back to English?

Problem Solver

Re: Default language unexpectedly changed to Spanish on TV. I need to change it back to English.

This is a pinned topic on this subforum, and might help you out:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Non-X1-Service/Spanish-Audio-No-Audio-DVS-SAP-Secondary-Audio-Program/t...

<<<< "Sometimes the best way to learn something is by doing it wrong and looking at what you did." - Neil Gaiman >>>>
New Poster

Re: Default language unexpectedly changed to Spanish on TV. I need to change it back to English.

Thanks - selecting the "Select to Optimize" option on the audio settings switched it back.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation