Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Dear Comcast techies- why no video out?! You have the best...

New Poster

Dear Comcast techies- why no video out?! You have the best...

Look, I've been a loyal customer since I turned 18 about 12 years ago. I've given thousands and thousands of dollars, spent countless hours waiting on your technicians, and yet stood by your corporation- no matter how tempting the "other" cable providers offered me less. So, now I was thoroughly excited about getting my iPhone 4, a component cable, canceling Netflix, and downloading your app....but only to be left disappointed that you don't provide video out on your app. Why? You have the best selections of any other video streaming app and you won't provide this service when Netflix does? I guess I'm just curious- is it liscensing? Money issues? Apple issues? Anyways, I'm very disappointed today. I know I'm only one customer out of millions and I'm only an abnormally long account number to you- but how about giving your paying, living, breathing patrons what they want? Thanks.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Dear Comcast techies- why no video out?! You have the best...

this is a customer to customer forum so a call to comcast is something you will have to make to complain about this.

out of curiousity, what exactly are you trying to do here.  the xfinity tv app only lets you play on demand content through your phone and only in a wifi.  I assume you have a cable box capable of all this so what exactly is your use for the video out. 

New Poster

Untrue- for example: on the app there are all 6 seasons of Dexter. On On Demand, there is only 2. The app/Internet provides more options- a lot more. Why is that?
Silver Problem Solver

different licensing agreements for mobile vs. your tv.   The on demand programming changes daily.  There's going to be xfinity on the xbox 360 soon you can also do it that way.  Sorry doens't help you now though. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation