Use this tool to find the codes of your devices and to get specific instructions on programming the codes into your Comcast remote.
New to the Community? Start here.
iPad 3, iOS 6, Xfinity App returning a "Data Unavailable" error.
I see that users have experienced this from time to time.
I cleared the cache in Safari. I assume that Safari is what is being referred to when being asked to clear cache.
I have the Clear Data option set in the app.
I have deleted and reinstalled the app.
I have restarted the iPad.
I have signed out and signed back in.
I set the Channel Lineup to my local area.
I keep getting the Data Unavailable, though, for TV Listings.
The app is working fine on my iPhone 5 with iOS 6.
I am receiving this same "data unavailable" message when I try to use the app to check listings or record shows, and I see no listing information. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app on my iPad running iOS 6, but I get the same message, and am now unable to see the channel lineup or any listing information.
i understand that this is a known issue, but according to official comments in the App Store, this has been known since the beginning of October. Is there an estimated time that this will be resolved? I found this to be a very useful app prior to this issue, and I am now very disappointed that it is lacking its previous functionality.
I was having the same problem, but found that the tv listings lineup was flaky after the last update. For me, I fixed it by going into the app settings and reslecting the TV Channel lineup by entering the zip code. This worked on both my iPad and iPhone.
Hope that helps,
I tried entering my zip and recieved an "unknown error occured, please try again" message. I recieved this message repeatedly over a couple of days of trying.
If you haven't already, do a cold boot of the device. (Hold power button until you see "swipe to power off", then swipe it to turn it off. Give it a 20 second count or so, then turn it back on)
After the cold boot/power off, make sure it has a data connection and rertry to enter the zip code info.
I did try that several times (including reinstalling the app). But I think that I figured out what I had to do.
1) deauthorize remote capabilities on the set-top device (menu - settings - remote)
2) reset the device for remote DVR.
3) reconfigure via comcast.net/mydvr
Wait 24 hours for the settings to take.
After that I was able to put in my zip code. It was either that or Comcast fixed something overnight.
Xfinity Forum Archive...
This is an archived section of the community.
Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.
This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.
Post your questions in the Xfinity Community
Alerts are an easy, quick way to manage your account and get information - like payment confirmations and your current balance.