Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DVR won't play on laptop

New Poster

DVR won't play on laptop

My DVR wont play my recordings on my laptop. On my phone they are fine and will play. When i try on my laptop it says it has to retry and then tells me it was unable to play. On all movies. Am i missing a software i need to download? it has worked once before but is not working now. It says Error 900.primetime.102100 when trying to play a movie.

New Poster

Re: DVR won't play on laptop

I use forums all the time and never post but I figured this may help you and somebody else.  I am a Systems & Network Engineer by trade for an IT consultant company, so I'm used to not giving up on issues like this till they are fixed, luckily this only took an hour (20 minutes of which I spent on the phone with Comcast getting the run around).  

I was getting the 900.primetime.102100 from all my windows PC's and then when trying it from my iPad I received error "NSURLErrorDomain 1003" indicating a DNS stack overflow issue.  It then hit me that I had set static DNS to google in my router recently.  My router had static DNS to google 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 instead of comcast DNS.  

I removed static DNS entries from my router, saved changes, automatically restarted giving me comcast DNS 75.75.75.75/75.75.76.76 and BOOM up and going.   It makes sense that for your PC to be able to access your DVR shows it would need to be utilizing Comcast DNS from a network standpoint.  Make sure your Router's DNS is not set staticly to google/OpenDNS/etc.. Also you can try setting static DNS on your computer's network adapter to see if that fixes it as well if your not familar/comfortable getting in your firewall.  

- Rob 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation