Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DVR will not let me set up series recordings

New Poster

DVR will not let me set up series recordings

Whenever I am at home and try to set up a series recording, it will act like it will do it. However, when I look at the program on the guide it will not even say it is recording one time. If I had a one time recording set up, it will remove it. I have tried to set up series recordings from my computer and I get the error message:  There was a problem with your request to record. To update your Priority Manager, please refresh your browser. I have never been able to set up a series recording from the computer.

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: DVR will not let me set up series recordings

so is question about your guide on your box or setting it on your computer????

Regular Contributor

rog286713 wrote:

so is question about your guide on your box or setting it on your computer????

Given his comment that "I have tried to set up series recordings from my computer and I get the error message:  There was a problem with your request to record. To update your Priority Manager, please refresh your browser. I have never been able to set up a series recording from the computer,"  I would suspect his question was about setting it on his computer.

Regular Contributor

ERINMARTIN5542 wrote:

Whenever I am at home and try to set up a series recording, it will act like it will do it. However, when I look at the program on the guide it will not even say it is recording one time. If I had a one time recording set up, it will remove it. I have tried to set up series recordings from my computer and I get the error message:  There was a problem with your request to record. To update your Priority Manager, please refresh your browser. I have never been able to set up a series recording from the computer.

You will probably need to call tech support (or use chat, it is MUCH faster than waiting on interminable hold) and have them troubleshoot it from their end. I was not able to set recordings from the browser until they sent a few 'refresh" signals to my DVR.  You can access chat at the link below:

https://www.comcastsupport.com/chatentry/

We have two DVRs, and one DVR can't be set from the web, it says it is not authorized on my account.  I can set it from the phone, but not the pc.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation