Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DVR service is not available or is currently disabled

New Poster

DVR service is not available or is currently disabled

About once a year, I call comcast to sign up for a promotional plan to have my bill lowered. The very minute that they change the plan, the record and pause features on my DVR stop working. LITERALLY EVERY TIME. I get the message DVR service is not available or is currently disabled. Last year after 4 or 5 calls, I finally found someone that was able to fix it over the phone. This year, no one seems to be able to. They told me to exchange the box, so I did that this morning, and the DVR features still will not work. They have sent multiple signals and had me reboot it several times. This only happens when they change my billing plans. I wish that I would have written down what they did last year....I don't have time to wait on a tech as I work two jobs. Anyone have a clue as to why the DVR features aren't working? I'm sick of calling into customer service...they have no clue....but yet they have fixed it in the past.

New Poster

Re: DVR service is not available or is currently disabled

I can still watch TV on the box, and the ON DEMAND features work. Just the pause, rewind, and record buttons to not work. 

Official Employee

Re: DVR service is not available or is currently disabled

Hi, NannieH - Are you still experiencing the issue with DVR? I can see the scheduled recordings for the next couple days. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation