Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DVR recording are not available for playback on one of the box's

ANSWERED
New Poster

DVR recording are not available for playback on one of the box's

My box in my bedroom will not allow for payback of any of the recordings on my dvr... it is the same box that is in my family room which the playback feature works fine...

This problem has been on the box since day one, I just never noticed it...  I have tried rest of the box, the system and the rest... not sure what is wrong

Accepted Solution

Re: DVR recording are not available for playback on one of the box's

Hello 

I am so sorry you are having those issues with your DVR service, I understand it can be frustrating. I have reviewed your account and found the problem.

X1 DVRs and Terminals communicate with each other via what is known as a MoCA network. Each home with X1 Anyroom DVR service has its own isolated network that allows the terminals to communicate with the DVR and pull and schedule recordings.

The problem I found in your home is that the terminal where you are not able to view your recordings is not registered on your MoCA network, it is as if it was just a stand-alone cable box.

The only way to resolve this problem is to make sure the Point of Entry (POE) filter, which the device that isolates your MoCA network to just your home, is in the correct place along the network and that the terminal is registered on the network. 

I have sent you a Private Message with the information on the appointment required to make the necessary repairs. You can see your PMs near the top right corner of your forums page and clicking on the small gray envelope. 

Thank you so much for your patience and my apologies for the inconvenience.

ComcastGeorge

View answer in context
Official Employee

Hello 

I am so sorry you are having those issues with your DVR service, I understand it can be frustrating. I have reviewed your account and found the problem.

X1 DVRs and Terminals communicate with each other via what is known as a MoCA network. Each home with X1 Anyroom DVR service has its own isolated network that allows the terminals to communicate with the DVR and pull and schedule recordings.

The problem I found in your home is that the terminal where you are not able to view your recordings is not registered on your MoCA network, it is as if it was just a stand-alone cable box.

The only way to resolve this problem is to make sure the Point of Entry (POE) filter, which the device that isolates your MoCA network to just your home, is in the correct place along the network and that the terminal is registered on the network. 

I have sent you a Private Message with the information on the appointment required to make the necessary repairs. You can see your PMs near the top right corner of your forums page and clicking on the small gray envelope. 

Thank you so much for your patience and my apologies for the inconvenience.

ComcastGeorge

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks... i'll wait for your message before setting up the appt

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation