Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DVR recorded movies are not showing in my Xfinity App to view on desktop

Regular Visitor

DVR recorded movies are not showing in my Xfinity App to view on desktop

Very strange. I see three movies I've reocrded and that's  it. Nothing else. Several other movies I have reocrded simply do not show in the app for viewing.  These are all movies I've recorded week ago, so nothing new. 

What's wrong? Why are most of my reocded movies not showing on the app?

Thanks.

Mike

Problem Solver

Re: DVR recorded movies are not showing in my Xfinity App to view on desktop

Were they there originally and just disappeared, or did those particular movies never show up on the app? If you view their info on the physical DVR, do they have the message "Not available for mobile viewing"?

Regular Visitor

Yes, it does say: Not available for mobile viewing"

Why is it not available?

Problem Solver

That is the million dollar question.  Some people will argue that is a "rights management" setting set up by the movie owner to prevent it showing on mobile devices. I say to them, bull!  That is a bug in the Comcast system.  I have seen this off and on since I got the X1 Cloud service. Before the recording takes place, the "Not available for mobile viewing" flag will somehow get set on a scheduled recording. You will then see that the scheduled recording will disappear off the list of scheduled recordings on the app and XTV website, but will still show up on the physical DVR schedule.  You then have to just reschedule the recording thru the app or XTV website and it will "miraculously" now show up on the schedule and will record to the Cloud.

I even spoke to a Comcast level 3 tech who told me the engineers said the problem was me not scheduling it as a series recording. The problem is movies can't be scheduled as series recordings, and sometimes I don't want to schedule everything as a series recording.

So the bottom line is this a bug that Comcast won't admit is a problem.  You just need to monitor your scheduled recordings and fix the ones that disappear before their recording date.  Otherwise you will lose them from the app and XTV website.

brains99 wrote:

Yes, it does say: Not available for mobile viewing"

Why is it not available?

Regular Visitor

Just FYI to all, this is a total glitch in comcast's technology. Now NONE of my recordings show. Even the ones that showed in the app the other day have now vanished.

What a joke this "app" is.

Regular Visitor

Hello!!?  Any help?

Now NONE of my recorded showsw are showing in my app. None. Nothing. They have all vanished.

What's going on?  Can you help me?

Really would apprecaite it.

Problem Solver

I really hate to tell you but you need to call Comcast and speak to someone in X1 tech support. These are the numbers that use to work for X1 support: 877-896-8678 or 888-739-1379

The problem I have with calling Comcast is it seems to be you have no direct contact for app problems, so you have to navigate the phone menu and try to figure out where your issue fits.

What type of device are you having issues on: Android or Apple? Do you no longer see the Recordings menu in the app or is it there and just empty, with the message something like "You have no recordings, how about we schedule some" or something to that affect?

What happens if you try to record a show live from the Guide? Does it start recording and show in the Recordings menu?

You keep talking about problems with your app. What happens if you go to https://xtv.comcast.net/ from a computer? Can you see recordings there or is it empty, or does the Recordings menu not show at all?  If it doesn't show at all, it could be possible the Cloud DVR rate code got remove from your account and will need to be added again. If that's the problem you would still need to call Comcast and speak to Billing and have them add the "Cloud DVR" rate code again.

Admin1

brains99 -- Are you able to answer the questions from the above post? That will help us diagnose your issue. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation