Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DVR recorded during a power outage???

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

DVR recorded during a power outage???

I live in New England, and we just had a power outage earlier this week.  I had no power at my house all day Monday, yet my DVR has a show recorded, and it says it was recorded Monday night at 8:00.  I watched it, and the recording is actually there.  There was definitely no power to the DVR at that time.  I'm baffled as to how the recording got there.

Does anybody know how this is possible?  Are the recordings not actually on the DVR, but on Xfinity servers somewhere?  Did the DVR "catch up" at some point by recording the show from an on-demand stream?

Accepted Solution

Re: DVR recorded during a power outage???

Hoerhold wrote:

I live in New England, and we just had a power outage earlier this week.  I had no power at my house all day Monday, yet my DVR has a show recorded, and it says it was recorded Monday night at 8:00.  I watched it, and the recording is actually there.  There was definitely no power to the DVR at that time.  I'm baffled as to how the recording got there.

Does anybody know how this is possible?  Are the recordings not actually on the DVR, but on Xfinity servers somewhere?  Did the DVR "catch up" at some point by recording the show from an on-demand stream?

Your X1 DVR service also enables the cloud DVR (for use normally to view recordings while away from the home). Since the recording was missing from your home DVR the set top box displayed the recording from the Cloud DVR. you  may have noticed fast forward looked a bit different. while playing the program hit the OK button to verify it is the cloud copy of the program (it will show in upper left of the image a little cloud icon with DVR after it).

View answer in context
Service Expert

Re: DVR recorded during a power outage???

Hoerhold wrote:

Your X1 DVR service also enables the cloud DVR (for use normally to view recordings while away from the home). Since the recording was missing from your home DVR the set top box displayed the recording from the Cloud DVR. you  may have noticed fast forward looked a bit different. while playing the program hit the OK button to verify it is the cloud copy of the program (it will show in upper left of the image a little cloud icon with DVR after it).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation